Condence, normal or not ?

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Arona
Lampie

Condence, normal or not ?

Post by Lampie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:55 pm

This summer, after a week of rain in Kroatia, with big thunderstorms, my indicators in both mirrors, got condensed.

spiegel condens.jpg

The dealer replaced the right indicator in the mirror, because it wasn't mounted flush
I could have hit someting, that's why it was cracked.... they say... replaced it under warranty

Today, started with 3 degrees, going up to 7,5 degrees C, I drove the car for 130km/ 2 hours, only with DLR lights on, because it was sunny.
Arrived @ my destination I saw this....

Koplamp condens.jpg

And coming back from a long, nice walk, I saw the other headlamp had some condense too, half as much as the left one, but clearly visible

Can't be normal ?? can it ?
€ 725,- extra for the full LED version, and they fog up.
Seat Arona FR DSG7 Business Intense Full LED 130HP 280Nm 14773 km

Seat Urban Vehicle ®

Snowdaddy

Re: Condence, normal or not ?

Post by Snowdaddy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:54 am

The LED lights do not get hot in use, so no heat means doesn’t evaporate any water moisture

But it should not be getting in, so the unit is faulty and should be replaced under warranty (unless it was cracked by someone, perhaps parking badly)
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

MotorMan

Re: Condence, normal or not ?

Post by MotorMan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:13 am

The front lights on my previous Audi occasionally did just the same and that was with warm running High Intensity Discharge bulbs. They were not totally airtight units in fact they had a tiny air vent tube to allow moisture to dry out from the unit. Not sure if the Arona has a similar arrangement but, if so, the air vent could be blocked. The fogging always went away when the weather improved anyway.
Xcellence 115PS Red/ Black roof

Return to “Faults & Technical”