Both indicators flashing but wouldn't turn off

All Seat Arona related discussions
jem16

Both indicators flashing but wouldn't turn off

Post by jem16 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:00 am

I had a weird problem yesterday when I arrived home with my Arona Excellence Lux - keyless entry/exit.

Got home and parked the car. I got out and locked the car using the touch sensor on the driver's door. I then remembered I had stuff in the boot so opened the boot and got the stuff out. Normally the indicators flash once to show the car is now fully locked.

However this time the indicators continued to flash, almost as if giving some sort of code. There would be 3 quick flashes, then a slight pause, and then 3 more quick flashes and then repeat.

So I unlocked the car again, opened and closed the boot just in case it was that but still the indicators flashed. If I turned on the hazard warning lights the flashing changed to the normal hazard warning flash. If I used each indicator each one worked as normal but as soon as I turned them off, back came this odd flashing sequence. The car started fine and could drive it fine but nothing would stop this flashing. Boot and doors all seemed to show they were closed as nothing came up on the digital cockpit which would normally show if something was open.

Phoned my local Seat dealer and spoke to the service manager. He'd never come across such a thing and advised phoning Seat Assistance which I did. Whilst waiting I tried again with the boot. Touched the boot catch on the boot lid in case it was dirty or something. Closed the boot again and hey presto, the flashing stopped!

Car started ok and I put it in the garage and cancelled Seat Assistance. Obviously will call if it happens again.

However I have no idea what happened or if there is a fault somewhere. The sequence of the flashes seemed to give me the impression it was some sort of code but the service manager says there is no such code. Could it be connected with the alarm not setting properly? There was no audible signal, just the flashing indicators?

Has anyone come across this?

BigFatPaulie

Re: Both indicators flashing but wouldn't turn off

Post by BigFatPaulie » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:49 pm

Sounds like the alarm was thinking the boot was still open to me.... should be easy to recreate ?
Had a similar event with my bonnet (hood) was latched, but the the dash was warning it was open... a quick slam and it went away.
........M M M M My shARONA
Seat Arona Xcellance Lux 1.6 oil burner DSG

jem16

Post by jem16 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:57 pm

BigFatPaulie wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:49 pm
Sounds like the alarm was thinking the boot was still open to me.... should be easy to recreate ?
I wondered about the alarm but there was no audible sound, just the indicators flashing.

BigFatPaulie

Post by BigFatPaulie » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:05 pm

There is no audible alarm set/unset.... unless you fiddle with computer !
Just tried mine, and with the boot open AND on first latch the alarm appears to set, but you can still open the boot... only when the boot is fully closed do the indicators blink, so still a mystery I'm afraid !
........M M M M My shARONA
Seat Arona Xcellance Lux 1.6 oil burner DSG