Joined for information

New to the Seat Arona Forums? Introduce yourself here
iendicott

Joined for information

Post by iendicott » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:28 pm

Hi all,

Joined this site as in the market in the next few months for a new car for my wife and the Arona is on the short list, well when I say new I mean one that is about 6 months old. Looking out for an Excellence Lux 1.6TDI DSG or Sport FR 1.6TDI DSG.

Few questions if I can and as not tested one yet but previously owned a Seat Leon 1.4 TSi I know the cars are generally put together well and fit our needs in terms of space.
  • Are there and known issues with the cars for example the Leon 1.4 TSi had a known issues with the ABS pump that Seat fixed FOC?
  • When it comes to real world MPG what are people seeing on average on the 1.6 DSG models?
  • Do all Excellence Lux models come with the digital cockpit or are they on from a certain model year onwards? I see that all FR Sports I've viewed are digital cockpit versions
  • As the car is going to be completing around 20,000 miles a year what are the average costs for servicing and what mileage \ intervals are these carried out? Generally most manufactures adhere to Major and Minor services so do Seat fit inline with this?
  • How much is Road Fund Licence on the 1.6 DSG cars?
  • Why does the 1.6TDI DSG only come in 95BHP and not 115BHP, would be nice to be able to have a 115BHP? Wife now requires an auto due to a back operation so manual is not an option
Thanks in advanced
Ivan

Cyberbob

Re: Joined for information

Post by Cyberbob » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:35 pm

I will answer as best I can as an owner of a 1.6 115 SE Tech Lux, which has been one of the best cars I have owned. No rattles or squeaks, overall decent economy and a fun drive. My only criticism has always been the abundance of too much hard plastic interior wise.

Are there and known issues with the cars for example the Leon 1.4 TSi had a known issues with the ABS pump that Seat fixed FOC?

Not that I am aware of at this point in time, seatbelt recall was the only big fault, then smaller recalls for airbags on some early cars.

When it comes to real world MPG what are people seeing on average on the 1.6 DSG models?

I have a 1.6 115 manual and see around 49 on average, can see 60 mpg on a steady 70 mph run

Do all Excellence Lux models come with the digital cockpit or are they on from a certain model year onwards? I see that all FR Sports I've viewed are digital cockpit versions

Digital cockpit came in from MY19, a case of checking the car if that is what you want as older stock could have been registered but do not have the digital dash. Depends on how old or new you are looking for.

As the car is going to be completing around 20,000 miles a year what are the average costs for servicing and what mileage \ intervals are these carried out?
Every 12 months or 20,000 miles

Generally most manufactures adhere to Major and Minor services so do Seat fit inline with this?

Yes they do.

How much is Road Fund Licence on the 1.6 DSG cars?

I thought £140

Why does the 1.6TDI DSG only come in 95BHP and not 115BHP, would be nice to be able to have a 115BHP? Wife now requires an auto due to a back operation so manual is not an option

Initially, only the lower spec cars has the 95 bhp, SE and SE Tech, rest were 115 in manual form. Last July (I think) they all went to 95 across the board, I can only assume due to emissions? I never have heard the actual reason, someone on here may know more. I would imagine a DSG diesel is low demand so SEAT decided to offer it in 95 only as it never has been available in the UK in 115 guise. I thought in Europe the 115 DSG was available until last year, I could be wrong?