New FR Sport 1.5 Evo Ordered

New to the Seat Arona Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bickers70

New FR Sport 1.5 Evo Ordered

Post by Bickers70 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:20 am

Hi All,

Upgrading from an Ibiza FR 115ps.
Wasn't too sure about the 1.5 Evo engine in the Arona having read some bad reviews talking about 'kangerooing' but had no such issues on my test drives.
Hopefully getting it Weds or Thurs but could all change due to Coronavirus :(

As an aside, slightly disappointed the FR Sport only comes with rear parking sensors. Does anyone know if front parking sensors can be retro-fitted so they work through the touch screen display?

Lampie

Re: New FR Sport 1.5 Evo Ordered

Post by Lampie » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:56 pm

My FR has front assist, adaptive CC, front and rear parking sensors, automatic parking assist....
So it is not the FR badge that will determent the number of sensors.
It is the Sport edition... why do you want to park a car like that ? so you don't get the front sensors, simple as that.
My level is Business Intense, and that limiteds the number of free choosable options.
I could choose LED headlights (and did so) , removable towbar, heated-seats/-windowwashers/-mirrors this also comes with in hight adjustable passenger seat. I didn't choose the virtual dash, and the sport pakkage... red calipers and red safety belts for €300
The rest is full option.
Still no light in the dash compartment.
and I don't understand : FR has the same power as all other versions : too little , so invest in some chiptuning, it is worth the money, more fun.
Seat Arona FR DSG7 Business Intense Full LED 130HP 280Nm 21340km

Seat Urban Vehicle ®

Bickers70

Re: New FR Sport 1.5 Evo Ordered

Post by Bickers70 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:55 pm

Hi Lampie,
I see you are in the Netherlands and it would seem that the same models get different specs in different countries.
In the UK there is no 'Business Intense' level but all current FR's have LED lights and all 2020 FR Sports have heated seats, washers, door mirrors and the digital cockpit.
I would still like front parking sensors though - at some point I will have to park the car...