Frustrated new owner

New to the Seat Arona Forums? Introduce yourself here
ToshW

Frustrated new owner

Post by ToshW » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:22 pm

I took delivery of my lovely Arona FR 1.0 DSG just 36 hours before lockdown.....

Swapped my Ibiza, which my wife wouldn't drive as it had a manual gearbox and as we live in a very hilly area, she was nervous of doing hill starts.

So I collected our new toy, drove to the petrol station and filled it to the brim before fetching her from work.

The next morning as promised, she took us for a short run, her first drive in 2 1/2 years! She drove beautifully (the wife and the car) and we duly parked up to get the announcement from the government that we were going into lockdown.

So our lovely new car now remains parked up and unused and has a grand total of 52 miles on the clock - 38 of which my wife clocked up.

I will wash her tomorrow to get her shiny again (the car, not the wife) and continue to wait for the time when I can go for a long drive in the country.

I'm not sure now if I was lucky to get a quick delivery or whether a delay in taking possession would have been preferable..... but heyho it is what it is. Stay safe everyone.

33q

Re: Frustrated new owner

Post by 33q » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:35 pm

At least you have got your's. My Wife's car is still parked at Sheerness!

............and all the internet bits and bobs bought for it are sitting in the garage.

ToshW

Post by ToshW » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:03 pm

Frustrating for you as well, hopefully you get your new toy soon.

While I'm isolating, I've fitted sill plates and armrest. I've also updated my map software and installed speed camera POI's. When things relax I want to order a spare wheel rather than the foam kit it came with (no factory option as car was built and in transport when purchased).

Apart from keeping her clean, I can't think of anything I need do, so just a waiting game 🤔

StewartK

Post by StewartK » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:21 pm

I'm in the same boat here in Tenerife. We picked the car up on Tuesday and by Sunday we were in lockdown. My wife hasn't driven it yet and i have only done a few trips to a supermarket about 8 kilometres away.
It's frustrating but the Seat factory is closed now so there could be a long wait for new cars.

Regards
Stewart

Deantomo01

Post by Deantomo01 » Wed May 06, 2020 8:25 pm

Hi is there a download to add speed cameras

BigFatPaulie

Post by BigFatPaulie » Thu May 07, 2020 1:18 am

Deantomo01 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:25 pm
Hi is there a download to add speed cameras
Sure is... there's a few threads on the forum.
........M M M M My shARONA
Seat Arona Xcellance Lux 1.6 oil burner DSG