Hi new to forum and new to Arona

New to the Seat Arona Forums? Introduce yourself here
Clara21

Hi new to forum and new to Arona

Post by Clara21 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:24 pm

Collected a new Arona Xcellence DSG last week. Very happy so far but then I've only gone 17 miles, am trying and failing to fit the dash cam and am a little unnerved with the way you click lock on the remote and yet the driver's door still opens! Help what am I doing wrong?

BigFatPaulie

Re: Hi new to forum and new to Arona

Post by BigFatPaulie » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:36 am

Welcome to the forum .... Sounds like you ARE locking the drivers door, but as you try it you are unlocking the car again !
Try locking and then placing the keys a few metres from the car.
Also try a dead lock... Press the lock button on the fob, and within 10 seconds touch the outside of the drivers door handle with the back of your hand...the indicators should flash again.
Now you must use the fob to unlock again .
........M M M M My shARONA
Seat Arona Xcellance Lux 1.6 oil burner DSG

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:43 am

With the Kessy system, you can unlock the car by putting your fingers between handle and door (as you would to pull the door handle). If you are at back it will just unlock boot.

To lock it, swipe hand outside the handle. You can use key fob to deadlock it

From memory there is an all doors or drivers door only in the car settings in menu. Actually if your car is new, I suggest you go to infotainment screen, press car (picture of car), settings, then you get a long list, go into each one, choose what you like, use back button, then repeat moving down the list (will need to scroll to reach bottom of list). Only have to do this once. Mine came delivered with some odd settings including a safety system turned off.
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

KSB

Post by KSB » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:16 am

My SE Technology Automatic (on 3 year lease) recently in for its 2nd service having done 12000 miles and is less than 2 years old. I was told the rear discs are scored and will need replacing. The pads have 15% wear. I thought the discs would last at least 70k. Are they using sub standard metal in the discs ?

KSB

Post by KSB » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:37 am

My SE Technology Automatic (on 3 year lease) recently in for its 2nd service having done 12000 miles and is less than 2 years old. I was told the rear discs are scored and will need replacing. The pads have 15% wear. I thought the discs would last at least 70k. Are they using sub standard metal in the discs ?

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:48 pm

KSB wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:16 am
The Rear discs only do something like 10-20% of braking effort.
They will get surface rust from rain (more in winter if you drive on salted roads), will also happen if you get onshore winds from the sea

Unless you brake heavily from a higher speed the pads will not scour them fully
find yourself an empty fast road and brake very hard to clean the discs
If you only do low speed, town driving having rust is quite common

Replacing discs early was a common scam, ask what your current disc thickness is, and what manufacturers tolerances are, and thickness of new ones. If they are in tolerance, and got plenty of pads, then don’t need changing for few scratches. The garage should be able to give you the thickness (as measured with vernier gauge or micrometer). If they didn’t measure them how do they know if they are no longer in tolerance.
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

BigFatPaulie

Post by BigFatPaulie » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:17 pm

KSB wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:37 am
Sounds like they are trying it on... Can't you have a look ? Marks on a disk are perfectly normal, and unless the pads are down to the rivets, I doubt they are damaged.
........M M M M My shARONA
Seat Arona Xcellance Lux 1.6 oil burner DSG

Clara21

Post by Clara21 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:18 am

BigFatPaulie wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:36 am
Welcome to the forum .... Sounds like you ARE locking the drivers door, but as you try it you are unlocking the car again !
Also try a dead lock... Press the lock button on the fob, and within 10 seconds touch the outside of the drivers door handle with the back of your hand...the indicators should flash again.
Thank you for that advice I'll give my new car 'the back of my hand' :o .
Part of the reason that I haven't driven very far is because of the trouble I'm having fitting the dash cam. I successfully fitted one before in a Qashqai but I can't find a way to hide the wires on the door frame. Any advice would be great.
It's a lease car so it can't be hard wired in and my dash cam will go into the cigarette lighter socket which is situated behind the hand brake. Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:49 am

Clara21 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:18 am
BigFatPaulie wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:36 am
Thank you for that advice I'll give my new car 'the back of my hand' :o .
Part of the reason that I haven't driven very far is because of the trouble I'm having fitting the dash cam. I successfully fitted one before in a Qashqai but I can't find a way to hide the wires on the door frame. Any advice would be great.
It's a lease car so it can't be hard wired in and my dash cam will go into the cigarette lighter socket which is situated behind the hand brake. Any suggestions will be gratefully received.
Some info on fitting dash cam here

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1104

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=763

collie_mac

Post by collie_mac » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:05 am

Hi, The KESSY instructions in the manual aren’t the clearest. As others have said above, swipe your palm across the indentation on the outside of the door to lock and grab the handle / slide you fingers behind the handle to unlock. For the dash cam, I’m using the 12v socket and all I did was run the cable across the headliner, down the inside of the door rubber and back along the sill towards the back of the seat, into the rear footwell, under the mat, and up behind the armrest and into the socket. Just make sure the cable won’t get caught in the seat rails if you move it. All you can see is the cable popping out of the rubber seal at the back of the door sill and disappearing into the rear foot well. A trim tool is important so you don’t damage the pillar trim when tucking the cable in.