Creaking/Gurgling noise from passenger-side of engine compartment

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Arona
robers7

Creaking/Gurgling noise from passenger-side of engine compartment

Post by robers7 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:27 am

Got a 1.6D, 2 years old. Strange gurgling/creaking (almost like fluid moving) noise from the engine compartment on passenger side. Major service was about 6m ago.

Thought it was brakes but happens even when not braking. Thought it was suspension or bushes but cannot reproduce with car movement and it doesn't seem to be related to going over bumps etc. Thought it was AC but turned off and still occurs.

Most noticable at low speed mainly because of reduced engine noise. If I turn ventilation fans off it is especially noticable.

Listening to idling engine and its not reproducable. Checked fluid levels, all ok.

#confused!

Not sure if its related but power steering is also noisy at very low speeds (e.g. entering driveway with 3/4 steering-lock) - kind of a creaky noise.

Any ideas?

BigFatPaulie

Re: Creaking/Gurgling noise from passenger-side of engine compartment

Post by BigFatPaulie » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:24 pm

Aircon I'm betting...
........M M M M My shARONA
Seat Arona Xcellance Lux 1.6 oil burner DSG

MotorMan

Re: Creaking/Gurgling noise from passenger-side of engine compartment

Post by MotorMan » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:10 am

I'd go with aircon too. Had a Peugeot 207 a few years ago which developed strange gurgling noises. Turned out to be hardened rubber seals in the aircon system apparently caused by underuse (it was my first aircon-fitted car and I only occasionally remembered to switch it on).

Not sure about the creaking though. I do recall reports on here about noisy steering joints but can't point to the exact post.
Xcellence 115PS Red/ Black roof