Arona Engine Bay

All Seat Arona related discussions
kobe

Arona Engine Bay

Post by kobe » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:11 pm

Is it only on the Arona that Seat do not paint the engine bay in the vehicle colour, the under side of the bonnet is in vehicle colour. All you can see is where the robot has spread the sealer on top of the primer or zinc bath coat. no main body paint!! :o
SEAT Arona 1.0 TSI 115 Xcellence Lux [EZ] 5dr DSG
Magnetic Grey/Black Roof

Ash

Re: Arona Engine Bay

Post by Ash » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:47 pm

Strange, I’m pretty sure mine is painted the body colour on the underside of the bonnet and inside the engine bay.
1.0 FR Sport Mystery Blue

tommo

Post by tommo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:06 pm

Mine is painted the same colour as the body panels but has not been finished with the clearcoat laquer which gives the shine to the paint,same in the boot,most cars are the same not just Seat,had a VW polo, Honda Jazz,Mazda 2, all not finished in clearcoat in those areas, cost saving I suppose
Arona FR 1.0 ltr 115ps, Manual gerabox, Desire Red / Grey roof

kobe

Post by kobe » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:55 pm

tommo wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:06 pm
Mine is painted the same colour as the body panels but has not been finished with the clearcoat laquer which gives the shine to the paint,same in the boot,most cars are the same not just Seat,had a VW polo, Honda Jazz,Mazda 2, all not finished in clearcoat in those areas, cost saving I suppose
Thanks tommo. Never had a new vehicle before that was not painted in the engine bay, also on closer inspection under the bonnet it is more primer than grey paint. I have put an official complaint in, see what happens
SEAT Arona 1.0 TSI 115 Xcellence Lux [EZ] 5dr DSG
Magnetic Grey/Black Roof

MotorMan

Post by MotorMan » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:38 am

Maybe not so obvious that it is painted in body colour when the body is grey. The engine bay is certainly all red in mine although as others say above it's a dull red and in many places covered in the wax anti-corrosion coating. You could ask your dealer for a peek under other Arona bonnets for comparison.
Xcellence 115PS Red/ Black roof