Waiting time for new order?

All Seat Arona related discussions
maisiedormouse

Re: Waiting time for new order?

Post by maisiedormouse » Fri May 11, 2018 9:19 am

Maziac, chase Tara at Seat customer services delay team, my cheque came with a letter from her. I spoke to her on Thursday 2nd May when our xlux showed up as a port in uk.
Wotrulike, the Arona is for my hubby and he currently has a ibiza fr black edition but I have a black Astra 1.4 turbo and only went for the Arona as he already had a Seat and despite all the Mokkas on the road, it had a bad review in What Car compared to the Arona

Ship05

Post by Ship05 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:07 am

Just had weekly update from Seat CExecs office! No change nodate for build on my order placed 18jan!
Hiwever i asked about factory closure and he kept me on hold - came back and said factory not closing as builds planned throughout!

Lez2621

Post by Lez2621 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:42 am

Spoke to Sales manager at Scarborough dealership on 9th May, stated my FR Sport now built, should be delivered within next 3 weeks. If you order same model now, waiting time 30 weeks. so he stated I orderd at right time still taken 4 mths.

catchacold2

Post by catchacold2 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:11 pm

Ship05 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:07 am
Just had weekly update from Seat CExecs office! No change no date for build on my order placed 18jan!
Hiwever i asked about factory closure and he kept me on hold - came back and said factory not closing as builds planned throughout!

Hi I am in the same boat unconfirmed build date week 25/26 ordered w8 order accepted by factory w11
Seems the 1.5 is having longer build delays than the 1.0 petrol
I hope you have been given the £250 good-will gesture.

seatarona2018

Post by seatarona2018 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Ordered my Nevada white/grey roof Arona Excellence Lux 1.0 TSI DSG 22nd February 18. 12-14 weeks lead time given
Delay ,delay delay with little or no information from SEAT UK
Latest was told maybe build week 23rd July Delivery August 18
AND
Spec altered as no alcantara seats available.
VERY VERY POOR.
Finally cancelled order 29th April 18 in writing
Went to Mercedes 1st May 18 bought brand new B Class in showroom and COLLECTED 5th May 18.
GOODNIGHT SEAT AND GOOD LUCK ALL YOU OTHERS THAT ARE WAITING.
Dealer blameless in fiasco.
By the way still waiting for deposit back but I will be on their backs until I get it.
Signed
Fed up waiting Tony

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Wed May 16, 2018 10:35 am

Been doing a bit of digging and it appears latest for newly ordered models, not in stock is

Time from order placed to factory accepting it : should be hours-few days, but few weeks not unknown

Once factory accepts the order then timescale is :
Arona Diesel 10-12 weeks
Arona petrol 16-18 weeks

Additionally
Arona 115 tsi DSG models add extra 14 weeks
Arona FR sport add extra 14 weeks (+14 extra, not +28 if DSG) *
Arona Xcellence Lux (with alcantara) earliest is October *
Arona Xcellence Lux (temporary cloth seats + Beats spec) no additional, but can request delay to Q4 to get alcantara

* alcantara / leather seat models are delayed until Q4 (Oct-Dec), if not already built (X Lux since 20 April)

There are modifications to phone booster and rear seatbelt buckle which may need to be done to vehicles in transit before release.
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior

catchacold2

Post by catchacold2 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:23 pm

Been waiting since week 8 told poss/unconfirmed week 25/26 build add on 5 weeks approx till handover and that is getting so close to week 31 (new reg) that I am now trying to get the handover delayed if indeed it is meant to happen before Sep1

Dealer says not possible so Exe PA now working on it and I await the outcome.
My advice is to not take anything the dealer says as gospel.
You get better answers right here on this forum imo.

Ship05

Post by Ship05 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Weekly update from Tom at execs office - no change no confirmed build date for my FR Sport 1.5. However he did confirm I’m on the list for a goodwill payment!
Also spoke to the dealer in Wolverhampton who by chance had again failed to contact me as promised! He checked with Seat and reckons my car should be built in June. The delay being caused by a problem with the supply chain for alcantara seating material. He didn’t think there was any problem with the supply of 1.5 engines but did concede you can no longer order this engine. He also advised the spec for the FRSport has now also changed.
Begs the question of when and what will eventually arrive
I think Seat launching a new advertising campaign when they have all these problems is like sticking two fingers up to those of us waiting. Anyone else feel the same maybe some publicity might solve the issues.

Shazziek

Post by Shazziek » Sat May 19, 2018 8:21 am

Did they say what the spec change for the FR sport was as I haven’t been told about any changes to my order from Tara at head office. I might contact the exec team again to find out.

My order dates back to December and I took delivery of my replacement car yesterday as had to give my old PCP car back. I’ve been given an Audi Q5 until my car arrives, so happy to drive around in that for a couple of months 😁

No idea when that will be though as gone back to no build week thanks to the problem with the Alcantara seats and probably the seat belt recall.

Cottonlane

Post by Cottonlane » Sat May 19, 2018 3:19 pm

I got told that it was the automatic gearbox that was causing the delays in delivery of the cars is this True?
Waiting for a car that will never turn up. Ore just in time for them to take it off me again? :D

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”