Waiting time for new order?

All Seat Arona related discussions
Terriertom#

Re: Waiting time for new order?

Post by Terriertom# » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:34 pm

Latest update .Dealer email saying car is in country awaiting transport. Ordered 20th Feb. FR Sport nev white, black roof. Does appear a bit of a lottery for orders around jan/feb. Try contacting Seat Customer Service. You will need order no from your dealer and also ask about the £250 payment for waiting so long .Best of luck .☺.

maisiemoosdaddy

Post by maisiemoosdaddy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:08 am

Some of the waiting times for new orders seem really excessive, to the point where it's actually putting off me and my partner placing an order.

We'd likely go for an FR 1.0 TSI 115, either in Nevada White with a black or grey roof, or a Monsoon Grey with a black roof. That seems like a fairly standard order to me. However, bearing in mind the three week factory shutdown this month and a possible knock on effect that would have on them accepting an order and subsequently confirming a build week, then by my reckoning, we'd be lucky to get delivery in November.

Contrast that with the new Fabia we took delivery in April. From placing the order in February to picking up the car, it was 7 weeks. Brand new factory build, meteor grey, no extras. And while I accept demand for the Arona is probably a good deal more than the Fabia, I cannot for the life of me understand all the delays detailed on these pages.

As good as the Arona is, we might need to wait until Seat and VW get their act together first before placing an order. I understand from the T-Roc forums that much the same is happening there too.

Have any of the established car magazines picked up on this? It'd be interesting to hear their views.

btfree

Post by btfree » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:48 pm

I pulled the trigger and ordered a Monsoon Grey / Black Roof FR 1.6 TDi last week. Wanted to get the order in whilst the 0% finance offer was still running, so with that and the special offers currently running, meant I got a great deal.

My dealer has it listed as mid October delivery from SEAT themselves, but has told me that it will realistically be early November before I receive it now. I'd also heard that with the WLTP changes and factory shutdown, that there could be a backlog of some 20,000 units after the summer break.

I spent a few days weighing it up vs an SE Tech Lux which was available right away and we also discussed any planned MY19 changes, which the FR spec won't have any changes.

I've also viewed a T-Roc, which the local VW dealer said waiting times were even longer, not to mention they are a fair chunk more expensive to get a similar spec.

Roll on November!

catchacold2

Post by catchacold2 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:44 pm

Safe to say I will eat my hat if you get the car before xmas if not longer.

lucy2018

Post by lucy2018 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:23 am

Had an update from the dealer, apparently I’m looking at an October build week, 8 months from when I ordered, however this is not confirmed !!!
Was really hoping for September but not looking likely
Seat Arona FR Sport 1.0 DSG Nevada White and Black

maisiemoosdaddy

Post by maisiemoosdaddy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:38 pm

This came back from Seat Customer Services yesterday.

'Hi, the estimated lead time for an Arona FR is 26 weeks from when the order is accepted by the factory. We hope this helps. ^Jay'

It doesn't look good....

catchacold2

Post by catchacold2 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:36 am

Hi
Having canceled my Arona auto Lux order in June ( BMW now on its way ) as was fed up being fobbed off.
I am still receiving updates on the order from SEAT head office.
Yesterday was the first hint of a possible build at week 42 although unconfirmed.
The order was placed in week 8.

{Having checked our ordering system, your vehicle is now showing as unconfirmed for week 42. This is the week commencing 15 October.
However, as this still remains unconfirmed the week could change.}
I will check again for further updates next week. In the meantime, thank you for your continued patience.

Bloody glad I am not waiting on SEAT anymore.
Let us see if this is delayed yet again.
ANY BETS? Good luck all I hope things improve for you all.

keitht

Post by keitht » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:15 pm

I wonder if this has been extended to the UK and other models!!

https://www.seat-mediacenter.com/newspa ... ivery.html
Desire Red with black roof FR

catchacold2

Post by catchacold2 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:33 pm

keitht
I wasn't aware J. K. Rowling wrote the SEAT literature lol

Cartrooper

Post by Cartrooper » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:39 pm

Hi,

New to this site. I was wondering what the current lead times on brand new aronas is at the minute?

Thanks

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”