All Seat Arona related discussions
LynnSM

Re: Waiting time for new order?

Post by LynnSM » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:39 pm

jem16 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:19 pm
LynnSM wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:50 pm
Hopefully the dealer will sort it all out for you. It all gets quite complicated! He will advise you which way works for them. He may be able to sort it when you collect the car.
All sorted this morning. He said he would go through it all with me which he did, not that I needed it though as I'm capable of following through an internet site. I told him the main issue was that I needed new number plates and this was something that I had never needed before, never mind having to pay for them. Yes it's easier to do it online for them but the end result doesn't make it easier for changeover.

He basically said that they like to do it a couple of days before as sometimes the website can have problems and if all done on the same day it can lead to problems. I told him I understood all that but in my opinion, something could be built into the system that allows 2/3 days for changeover purposes that doesn't then involve new number plates and probably more importantly having to change insurance details for a couple of days. This was never required in all the previous occasions when I've done it.

Thankfully my insurance company doesn't charge for any changes as there would have been this change then the change again on Friday when I collect my new car.

Anyway, rant over! I hope you're enjoying your new car. I'm looking forward to getting mine on Friday.
Pleased it’s all sorted. I changed my plate on-line a good month before I was due to get my new car & all went smoothly as I had all the documents from the DVLA.
Picked my new Arona up today - absolutely love it. Had a lesson in Park Assist - so easy - I will definitely be using it as my parking is rubbish at the best of times!
Enjoy your new Arona too😄
Arona Desire Red/Midnight Black roof 1ltr TSI 115PS Xcellence lux DSG.

jem16

Post by jem16 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:12 am

LynnSM wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:39 pm
Picked my new Arona up today - absolutely love it. Had a lesson in Park Assist - so easy - I will definitely be using it as my parking is rubbish at the best of times!
Park Assist looks useful but I'll need to see if I will use it or not. I assume the car controls the steering and you control brake/accelerator as well as changing gear? Does it tell you when to change gear from reverse, assuming parallel parking?

LynnSM

Post by LynnSM » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:36 pm

jem16 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:12 am
LynnSM wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:39 pm
Park Assist looks useful but I'll need to see if I will use it or not. I assume the car controls the steering and you control brake/accelerator as well as changing gear? Does it tell you when to change gear from reverse, assuming parallel parking?
Yes - it tells you what gear to be in & when to brake/change gear. It parallel parks or parks in a space in a car park too!

jem16

Post by jem16 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:48 pm

LynnSM wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:36 pm
Yes - it tells you what gear to be in & when to brake/change gear. It parallel parks or parks in a space in a car park too!
Thanks. Picked my car up this afternoon. Haven't found my way round everything yet though.

One question - the specs say drawers under both front seats but mine only has a drawer under the driver's seat. Has the spec changed or have they forgotten to put it in mine?

Jiminuk

Post by Jiminuk » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:06 pm

I wonder if they make the cars in a batch, and you're either lucky or unlucky about where you are during the cycle. I ordered my Arona FR 1.5 TSI EVO 150 PS on the 4th April this year. I picked it up on Tuesday (although it arrived at the garage during the 1st week of June) - that's about an 8 week lead time, which is pretty good I think. That said, most of the posts I've read about waiting times are pretty old now, so perhaps SEAT have got their act together in the UK now!
Arona FR 1.5 TSI EVO 150 PS 6-speed manual - Desire red :)

LynnSM

Post by LynnSM » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:09 pm

jem16 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:48 pm
LynnSM wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:36 pm
Thanks. Picked my car up this afternoon. Haven't found my way round everything yet though.

One question - the specs say drawers under both front seats but mine only has a drawer under the driver's seat. Has the spec changed or have they forgotten to put it in mine?
Interesting!!! Mine only has the drawer under driver side & no sign of the net thingy someone mentioned on the passenger footwell side! I think it’s a bit pot luck on what stock they have of parts in the factory!😄

jem16

Post by jem16 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:01 pm

LynnSM wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:09 pm
Interesting!!! Mine only has the drawer under driver side & no sign of the net thingy someone mentioned on the passenger footwell side! I think it’s a bit pot luck on what stock they have of parts in the factory!😄
I've got some net thingy that was in the boot but I haven't looked further as to what it's supposed to be yet.

I think I may ask the dealer about the drawer anyway - I'll let you know.

LynnSM

Post by LynnSM » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:54 pm

jem16 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:01 pm
LynnSM wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:09 pm
I've got some net thingy that was in the boot but I haven't looked further as to what it's supposed to be yet.

I think I may ask the dealer about the drawer anyway - I'll let you know.
Yes - please update me when you find out!

jem16

Post by jem16 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:12 pm

LynnSM wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:54 pm
I found the net thing in the passenger footwell - it's attached to the centre console as opposed to the door side.

Dealer is going to ask Seat about the drawer under passenger seat.

LynnSM

Post by LynnSM » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:08 pm

jem16 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:12 pm
LynnSM wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:54 pm
I found the net thing in the passenger footwell - it's attached to the centre console as opposed to the door side.

Dealer is going to ask Seat about the drawer under passenger seat.
I found the net thingy too😄I also found a sort of shelf thingy under the passenger seat which the Drivers Manual fits in!

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”