Hand Brake on SE

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Arona
Keith Hunter

Re: Hand Brake Issue on FR Sport

Post by Keith Hunter » Tue May 29, 2018 8:57 am

Hi all

Evans Halshaw have suggested I book my FR Sport in for a day to investigate the grinding/sticking hand brake that I’ve had from day one.

SEAT reportedly not aware of hand brake issues on Arona.

Keep you all posted!

Keith

Iamkingpin

Re: Hand Brake on SE

Post by Iamkingpin » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:19 pm

Just got mine back from dealers and were told handbrake not faulty its just because it is new. Time will tell.
Seat arona xcellence lux 115ps mystery blue

Keith Hunter

Post by Keith Hunter » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:59 pm

Arona back from Dealer.

New handbrake lever ordered as a result of today’s investigation. Interesting!!

Let’s see what happens when fitted.

Incidently the Ibiza courtesy car had same fault (reported). Showroom - Arona perfect

Also seat belt recall done.

Keep you all posted.

Keith

FR Sport

Keith Hunter

Post by Keith Hunter » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:42 am

Well the new handbrake lever was fitted this week by Evans Halshaw Harrogate.

Seems better but still not the smoothness of the FR in the showroom!!

Let’s see if this gets better with time.

Keith

SeveTheSeat

Post by SeveTheSeat » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:14 am

Had my xcellence a couple of weeks now and also not happy with the handbrake. It does hold eventually if you haul it up but there is too much potential to roll, especially as we live in Devon and have a lot of hills. My wife struggles most due to the force needed. I’ll get it checked at my local Seat dealer in Exeter and will advise any outcome. Handbrakes on drums have been going since Noah was a boy, shouldn’t be getting basic issues like this.
Arona Xcellence 1.6 Tdi DSG

GazzaB

Post by GazzaB » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:51 am

I remember that years ago when you brought a new car, that is used to go in to the Garage after the first 1000miles for a service check.
This was part of buying the new car. They used to check all of these points brakes and oil etc. and make sure all was tight and readjusted as needed.
This is because after the first 1000-2000 miles parts could become loose.
But we do not have this anymore. As nothing is meant to come loose anymore... (YEP RIGHT)
So increasingly seeing more and more new cars having issues with things slipping and becoming loose which Garages are increasingly denying.
Which is causing more frustration to motorists.
Maybe going back to the Old 1000mile new car check is not a bad Idea..

Also we hope that the training of the technicians is better, but in some cases I am not so sure.
I did a 4 year apprenticeship before we were allowed to go it alone. (Mechanical and Electronics Engineering) now a lot of people do a 2-4 week course. and claim they know just as much in that short time compared to 4 years.. (And Ive not stopped learning in the last 30 years).
Arona Excellence Lux 1.0TSi 115PS DSG. Nevada White with Black Roof, OEM dark window tint, Fitted a Carbon Fibre look rear Bumper Guard. Pressed Metal Number plates with Carbon fibre plate holder.
Planning to Do: Sound Deadening.

Return to “Faults & Technical”