Alternatives to the white Xcellence dash

All Seat Arona related discussions
Dunkelmann

Alternatives to the white Xcellence dash

Post by Dunkelmann » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:07 pm

I'm not keen on the white dash in the Xcellence and soon to be forced on the Lux too.

However I thought there might be remedial solutions.
  • Paint. Being a plastic part, perhaps an undercoat for plastic, then a colour of one's choice on top. This would be difficult with the narrow strips. It would not be easily removed.
  • Sticky backed or glued on material. I had thought of faux leather/leatherette. This would be fiddly for the narrow strips. It may look unsightly at the edges if the alignment and sizing is wrong. It would be readily removed
  • Replacement. Get the panel part from another spec Arona and have the garage fit it. Personally, this would be my preferred solution. I think the SE is black, which is what I would go for. This is likely to be the most expensive solution and I have no idea what it is likely to cost.
My wife tells me I should get the car before I think about customisation, but well, I don't like the white.
Arona Xcellence, petrol, 1.0 TSI 115 PS, manual, Black

Brian566

Re: Alternatives to the white Xcellence dash

Post by Brian566 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:49 pm

One person mentioned Black Carbon which would look OK and add a bit of class
Arona FR TSI 115 Magnetic Grey /Black Roof

Brian566

Post by Brian566 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:49 pm

One person mentioned Black Carbon wrap which would look OK and add a bit of class
Arona FR TSI 115 Magnetic Grey /Black Roof

Dunkelmann

Post by Dunkelmann » Sat May 05, 2018 7:11 am

Having had my Arona for a few days, my wife and daughter like the dash. They say it is not a plain white but a slightly, pearlescent or silvery white. They think it adds a touch of class.

Personally, I am now not offended by it. I could easily live with it and it is not distracting.

If you have not sat in the car with it then you should at least do that, especially if this is a major reason for rejection of this trim.
Arona Xcellence, petrol, 1.0 TSI 115 PS, manual, Black

Williecarona

Post by Williecarona » Sat May 05, 2018 7:48 am

I agree , the dash is actually very nice and having now had the car since March 12 th would encourage you to get the new car and you can see the new dashboard and form an opinion on it - it is a nice feature imho , and I would just ask you to
Remember that with a dark roof cloth , once you darken the dash of will be very dark interior?

User2508

Post by User2508 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:40 pm

I'd vinyl wrap it if you aren't happy. I did this with a BMW and my Touareg. Do it properly and it looks great... Upside is that it is totally reversible, useful if you've bought on a lease...

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:10 pm

They're is an arona fr being broken in Wolverhampton on eBay if anyone wants to see if the dash pad is available as it will be the leather one.
https://ebay.co.uk/usr/smg.express.parts
Seat Arona Fr Sport 1.5, Mystery Blue and Grey. Sport line pack matte silver, mud flaps, sill protectors, boot mat, blue wheel centres, blue calipers, console mats and leather armrest.(Sold)

silverhairs

Post by silverhairs » Mon May 14, 2018 1:48 pm

See if you can get the dash from the scrap yard before even attempting to paint it yourself, next, how easy is it to get the unwanted dash out in the first place? don't spoil a new car by painting it yourself, do you know you can get a good enough finish and be happy with it?

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:10 pm

Seat Arona Fr Sport 1.5, Mystery Blue and Grey. Sport line pack matte silver, mud flaps, sill protectors, boot mat, blue wheel centres, blue calipers, console mats and leather armrest.(Sold)

Baggy

Post by Baggy » Thu May 17, 2018 3:52 pm

Anyone got a pic of your white dash that is meant to be so awful ? Surely it can’t be that bad ?

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”