VW and ARONA safety recall

All Seat Arona related discussions
Baggy

Re: VW and ARONA safety recall

Post by Baggy » Thu May 17, 2018 3:55 pm

It is very worrying as I have 3 children who are in the rear all the time ..
I will be ringing my dealer first thing tomorro morning to see what’s happening

sanchez

Post by sanchez » Thu May 17, 2018 4:29 pm

Sorry to hear that Baggy. I had an idea which I just tried which basically was to push the middle buckle back into the seat cushion and when they are side by side, the problem disappears.

However, the design is clearly to ease the job of getting the middle strap up, for some reason, and it soon squirms its way up to the problem piggy back position. I wonder if you can shorten that longer strap say by tying the lower section in a knot or somehow securing it via piece of rubber cut to size to fit between the two buckles so it does not pop out and up?

The Seat mechanics may be the safest option to do the temporary shortening until this solution they broadcast as having found is passed by the authorities and put into action.

Be careful as there seems to be some sort of cable attached to the lower section of the buckle strap which is no doubt linked to the dashboard display for showing belts done up or otherwise, and you don't want to damage that cable. Good luck with what you can manage to sort with the garage as a stop gap measure to keep your brood safe.

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:45 pm

Screenshot_20180517-184212.png

Do you think it's would be possible to put a good quality tie wrap through the top half of the fabric section and then around the metal arm of the other belt bringing them into line?
Can't really see why both weren't put on metal brackets in the first place.
Seat Arona Fr Sport 1.5, Mystery Blue and Grey. Sport line pack matte silver, mud flaps, sill protectors, boot mat, blue wheel centres, blue calipers, console mats and leather armrest.(Sold)

Marthakn0123

Post by Marthakn0123 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:23 pm

just received phone call to come and pick up my arona. registration authorisation rec.from seat .i will now be asked to bring the car in for modification to rear seat belt at a later date when new parts arrive .hooooray at last.from a very happy bunny!!!!

catchacold2

Post by catchacold2 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:46 pm

Great news Enjoy
Don't forget to share your pics

sanchez

Post by sanchez » Tue May 22, 2018 8:32 am

Anyone had or know when we can expect a letter from Seat on the recall or should that be recalls.? Am not going to phone selling dealer as I am testing their level of service without customer input. Thanks in advance.

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:01 am

I've spoken to seat UK twice in the last week, granted it is regarding a different issue bit both times I have given my registration number and vehicle details and neither time I've they mentioned this issue, which being safety oriented you think it would be quite important. I believe vw have already been in touch with their owners of affected Polo's. In regards to the dealers I told them of the issue before they had been told be seat which was about 2 days later.
Seat Arona Fr Sport 1.5, Mystery Blue and Grey. Sport line pack matte silver, mud flaps, sill protectors, boot mat, blue wheel centres, blue calipers, console mats and leather armrest.(Sold)

sanchez

Post by sanchez » Tue May 22, 2018 9:38 am

Thanks Dolphin. Happy to wait my turn while young parents dive in first. But I still want to see how long Seat take to get in touch but also ensure I do not miss the boat. Parts can run out..

My local dealer good but the selling lot are more bulk buy and sell . Decided to email the salesman guy for his advice as he was excellent and worked very long hours.

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”