New to the Seat Arona Forums? Introduce yourself here
nikbrock

Post by nikbrock » Tue May 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi all,

I'm a new member & first time Seat driver ... I've had the Lux Xcellence 115PS since March 10 & I'm mightily impressed ... would recommend this vehicle to everyone! :D :D :D
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof

johntee

Re: New member

Post by johntee » Wed May 16, 2018 10:57 am

Welcome to the forum, at present waiting for delivery of my EX LUX it's great to hear you are loving your Arona .

ARONA EX LUX 115 BHP PETROL MANUAL MONSOON GREY BLACK ROOF

cliffyb

Post by cliffyb » Sun May 27, 2018 5:21 pm

Hi.I am a new member having purchased a 1.5 FR Sport and so far far being less than impressed. Started with a noisy clutch pedal. Took into dealership who greased the mechanism only for the noise to begin again this time even more annoying. Car booked in for Wednesday.
At the same time garage will check out the stop/start which does not work. Have been advised to connect battery charger even though the dash shows that there is an error. Have no intention of doing that having paid £20k for the car.Have driven the car without radio, heater,air con etc the stop/start does not work.
Will let you know How I get on.

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Mon May 28, 2018 7:36 am

I too had squeaking clutch pedal that required some rubber bushes to be replaced, took 4 weeks onbback order to get them mind.
Seat Arona Fr Sport 1.5, Mystery Blue and Grey. Sport line pack matte silver, mud flaps, sill protectors, boot mat, blue wheel centres, blue calipers, console mats and leather armrest.(Sold)

sanchez

Post by sanchez » Mon May 28, 2018 8:07 am

Stop / Start may be broken but more likely imho is that you are not using the car regularly or for long enough. Hated rightly by many but not me, they have inbuilt checks and will not stop the engine if your battery charge is low or the target climate control temperature has not been reached, etc.

I use mine as a friendly reminder to do longer journeys . In this weather, short shopping trips with the air con on is behind the dash icon showing that stop start is not available. That is not a fault and the garage are right. Your battery charge is low. And I too paid nigh on 20 k before several discounts and p/ ex kicked in. I wouldn't buy a charger though, either. There is an alternative!

[ Is it still important to go far enough to properly warm the engine.? I used to hear water vapour could collect inside the silencer/ exhaust and lead to corrosion.] I come home from shops etc via a dual carriageway route to offset short journey alleged issues. Personally still delighted with my purchase but that seems rare..

Maziac

Post by Maziac » Mon May 28, 2018 8:56 am

Hi Sanchez. Re your last comment, "delighted with my purchase but that seems rare..". I am also one of those delighted people like you. Picked mine up on Saturday and have only done about 160 miles but the car has exceeded my expectations. It looks gorgeous, has plenty of kit, is well screwed together and most importantly goes well and stops well. People can be very critical but I think one needs to lay some perspective over everything. Looking at this car's rivals, I find them either not very pleasant to look at or made by Citroen! For the money that we've all paid for it, this car is great value.

Before everyone jumps off the deep end, new cars have always got problems, regardless of cost. I took delivery of a brand new £91,000 Audi A8, 2 years ago and the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree when I switched it on for the first time. It then spent 6 weeks in the garage undergoing all manner of diagnostic stuff. How happy was I?

Return to “Introductions”