FR twin exhaust!

All Seat Arona related discussions
Steve.J

FR twin exhaust!

Post by Steve.J » Tue May 15, 2018 9:03 pm

Can any owner of an FR please confirm if it does have twin exhaust pipes or are they just cosmetic (ie dummy chrome finishers) because the brochure states twin exhaust pipes while all the other models it quotes hidden exhaust pipe.
I visited my Seat dealer to take a look myself and found that the chrome pipes showing at the back were blank and the exhaust itself was a single pipe underneath, i questioned this with the salesman and he said that they were just blank lookalike twin pipes and you wouldn't get twin exhaust on a 1.0lt engine. The brochure is misleading to potential customers.

Dolphinfriendly1012

Re: FR twin exhaust!

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:20 pm

It is definitely two dummy plastic trim pieces. On mine it does have hidden exhaust although these are twin pipes, one of the pipes also has an electronic butterfly valve on it, not sure whether that's for emissions, noise or performance.
Seat Arona Fr Sport 1.5, Mystery Blue and Grey. Sport line pack matte silver, mud flaps, sill protectors, boot mat, blue wheel centres, blue calipers, console mats and leather armrest.(Sold)

Steve.J

Post by Steve.J » Tue May 15, 2018 10:18 pm

Thanks for that Dolphinfriendly it could be just the 1.5 engine that gets the twin but not the 1lt 115 bhp, when you read the brochure it makes you believe it has real chrome pipes showing.

olliechambers1

Post by olliechambers1 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:19 pm

As dolphin says; the chrome exhaust tips are fake. The 1.5 engine has twin hidden pipes after the silencer with a butterfly valve, and the 1.0 engines has a single hidden pipe after the silencer.
Seat Arona FR Sport 1.5 EVO, Mystery Blue with Midnight Black roof.

Steve.J

Post by Steve.J » Fri May 18, 2018 9:15 pm

Thank you for confirming that i hope the defuser as they call it will be available as an add on extra like it is available for the new Ibiza, i have ordered an Ex Lux so waiting in anticipation.

DavidinScotland

Post by DavidinScotland » Tue May 22, 2018 8:01 am

Dolphinfriendly1012 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:20 pm
It is definitely two dummy plastic trim pieces. On mine it does have hidden exhaust although these are twin pipes, one of the pipes also has an electronic butterfly valve on it, not sure whether that's for emissions, noise or performance.
Hi Dolfin friendly,
Just a note about the butterfy valve. My last car was a Leon 184ps FR and when i put it into Sport mode the car sounded as if it had more grunt. I think this is maybe the same thing. This was a feature on my Leon and was mentioned somewhere in the spec.
Arona Excellence Lux 115PS Petrol DSG Auto. Monsoon Grey - Eclipse Orange Roof

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:07 am

It's interesting as the throttle is like that on an automatic, where when you push thebpedal down it comes to a notable stop but if you push harder it moves slightly again and after a couple of seconds the car picks up again and does seem to have a slight change in tone. I know some cars have a small overboost function but not sure what it is.
Seat Arona Fr Sport 1.5, Mystery Blue and Grey. Sport line pack matte silver, mud flaps, sill protectors, boot mat, blue wheel centres, blue calipers, console mats and leather armrest.(Sold)

DavidinScotland

Post by DavidinScotland » Tue May 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Dolphinfriendly1012 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:20 pm
The butterfly valve may change the sound as it did on my LEON184. the video lets you hear the difference.
Arona Excellence Lux 115PS Petrol DSG Auto. Monsoon Grey - Eclipse Orange Roof

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”