Update: Release of new cars held because of recall

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Arona
JustAskSpike

Update: Release of new cars held because of recall

Post by JustAskSpike » Wed May 16, 2018 9:43 am

I have been waiting since the weekend.
I have been informed by the dealer of the hold on the release of new cars but so far have not been given a release date, only that "these issues are normally dealt with quickly".
Does anyone have any more news?
I will post any updates when I get them.

maisiedormouse

Re: Update: Release of new cars held because of recall

Post by maisiedormouse » Wed May 16, 2018 11:38 am

Hi Spike I will post if I hear anything. Our XLux arrived at dealership on Monday but we have heard nothing since then. Going to give it a week and chase on Tuesday 22nd. If the dealership cant help, I will be back on the phone to Tara in customer service delay team looking for more compensation. Delivery is so close now but the seat belt recall is adding to the delay.

JustAskSpike

Post by JustAskSpike » Wed May 16, 2018 1:15 pm

Can you expand on who Tara is and wether compensation is possible. Thanks

andyb

Post by andyb » Wed May 16, 2018 8:59 pm

My dealer emailed me Monday and asked if I would like to collect this Saturday 19th. I of course said yes but he has mentioned nothing about the recall. He also asked me to select a number plate so does this mean that he wouldn’t have registered my car yet? We have been in touch since and he still hasn’t said anything. He’s not been brilliant at Keeping me updated so I think I will call Friday morning and make sure I can still collect it Saturday. I won’t be happy if I get there and can’t collect it. I’m getting a lift to collect it plus I will have handed my keys over of my current car so would be stranded and carless.

JustAskSpike

Post by JustAskSpike » Wed May 16, 2018 9:06 pm

I don't know the exact procedure. What I have been told is that dealers could not register the new owner with SEAT from last Friday/Saturday.
It may be that yours was registered before then.

maisiedormouse

Post by maisiedormouse » Thu May 17, 2018 8:33 am

Spike, when did you order your arona and which model? Tara is the name of a lady at Seat UK customer services who called me regarding the delay to the my order in mid March. I had ordered xlux on 7/1 and been given a delivery date in 12 weeks time. When the car build was delayed SEAT UK contacted me direct and Tara was my contact. I was offered £250 as cheque, money off future services or money to by accessories. I was sent the cheque when the car was on the boat from Spain to the UK. You will see from the forum that many customers who have had a long wait have been given this compensation direct from SEAT UK and not their dealerships. I was just wondering if this further delay was worth another complaint.

Andyb, I picked a registration number on Sunday and our car arrived at the dealership on Monday and our salesman told us, they could prepare the car for hand over and do the mobile booster fix but on Monday they were under instruction not to register the car and promise a handover date until they got further instructions on the seat belt fix

JustAskSpike

Post by JustAskSpike » Thu May 17, 2018 9:48 am

I ordered one of a dealers "cars for stock" at the beginning of April. It's an SE Technology. I have not been waiting too long to warrant compensation

Steve.J

Post by Steve.J » Thu May 17, 2018 11:22 am

Re delay in release, I was due to pick up my Excellence Lux next Wednesday i have just received a phone call from the dealer that the car is on hold for delivery because of the seat belt issue and no Aronas or Ibiza will be released until further notice and it now looks like i will have to wait until June, i asked where is the car now so i could have a look to see if it was the original spec and she said she thinks it is still at the port !!!!!! so how could i pick my car up next Wednesday if they haven't even had it delivered, i also asked could pick the registration and she said i couldn't and i will be issued one at random. Not pleased at all. I think i may go into the dealer tomorrow and have a face to face chat.

Marthakn0123

Post by Marthakn0123 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:34 pm

arranged pick up for tues.15 th may. changed insurance for that date as my current car was a trade in .i knew new reg number .told car could not be registered til a fix had been confirmed by seat.so i was stuck without transport. my dealer contacted seat and arranged a hire car until problem is sorted.great service. i hope this info helps others. if you dont ask you wont get.!!!!!

andyb

Post by andyb » Fri May 18, 2018 10:00 pm

I spoke to the dealer today and Seat has confirmed a fix and have sent out the parts. They told me that they will arrive Monday and will aim to get them fitted for a Tuesday collection.

Return to “Faults & Technical”