OK, Which Bean Counter Thought It Wasn't Worth ...

All Seat Arona related discussions
Uncletone

OK, Which Bean Counter Thought It Wasn't Worth ...

Post by Uncletone » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:37 pm

Fitting Rear Grab Handles with Coat Hooks, even if they fitted one on the drivers side only. I know there is an option for a headrest mounted holder and coat hanger, but I'm blowed if I'm paying money for something that should have been standard.

And what about an interior rear light, come on guys I would have forsaken the two map lights in the front for a rear interior light, I've now had to upgrade the interior lights to super bright LED'S so we can at least have some decent light in the cabin at night.

What else I can moan about.......

I'm enjoying the car but after the novelty has worn off and you get to use it in everyday living or in my case with my job you start to notice the more important things are missing ...

Tone
It Only Beaks When I Fix It

Arona 1.0 SE TECH Nevada White

Dolphinfriendly1012

Re: OK, Which Bean Counter Thought It Wasn't Worth ...

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:50 pm

I too am amazed by this along with other penny pinching things like no 12v socket anywhere in the back for the kids to use. This has been highlighted with the first family holiday we have used the arona for. Several hours and multiple sharing of leads passing the gear stick is not ideal or a collection of phones fighting for the wireless charger. As you say the lack of lighting in the rear meant all I could hear from the backing the car was the kids trying to find their drinks, as there isn't a single drinks holder of any type, and anything dropped on the floor was gone until the light of the services. Ultimately I think the arona will have to go and another more family friendly car will take it's place.
Seat Arona Fr Sport 1.5, Mystery Blue and Grey. Sport line pack matte silver, mud flaps, sill protectors, boot mat, blue wheel centres, blue calipers, console mats and leather armrest.(Sold)

Baggy

Post by Baggy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:03 am

Wish they’d put a light around the ignition- takes forever to find it in the dark ! 😜

keitht

Post by keitht » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:01 am

Baggy wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:03 am
Wish they’d put a light around the ignition- takes forever to find it in the dark ! 😜
I agree I have scratched the surround with the key, and it only took me a month to stop getting in the car with the keys in my pocket because I had a keyless start Fabia previously.

And the lack of storage is really noticeable against the Skoda, mind it does mean you carry around less rubbish with you.
Desire Red with black roof FR

catchacold2

Post by catchacold2 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Uncletone
If these things were so important to you then surely you would have noticed before you ordered one.

Brian566

Post by Brian566 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:42 pm

catchacold2 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:23 pm
Uncletone
If these things were so important to you then surely you would have noticed before you ordered one.
I think we all thought these were Standard as a they are on most cars and the Basic Leon had rear Passenger vents and Lights
you tend not to look in the back
Arona SE Tech Silver/Grey 1.0 TSI 95 PS

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:06 pm

I think it's like everything you buy that you don't always find out what is or isn't fitted and there is some things you kind of expect to find in 20 grand plus cars. If I was buying an 8000 pound city runaround I wouldn't expect everything but I think these are the things that should be there. Bearing in mind there's only so.much research you can do and when i ordered last November even the dealers didn't really know the specs and as it now transpires you can't trust the brochure to be accurate.
Seat Arona Fr Sport 1.5, Mystery Blue and Grey. Sport line pack matte silver, mud flaps, sill protectors, boot mat, blue wheel centres, blue calipers, console mats and leather armrest.(Sold)

User2508

Post by User2508 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:28 pm

For me, Seat look amazing compared to Skoda and give VW a really good run for their money in the looks department as well.

Looks aside, in terms of price, my Ateca is £6k cheaper than an equivalent spec'd* VW Tiguan. My wife's Arona is £3k cheaper than an equivalent spec'd* VW T-Roc...

So obviously the money has to be saved somewhere. It can't just be down to the 'soft-touch' plastics!

These aren't 'luxury' cars. My BMW was, and my Touareg is as well. But the difference is marginal, especially when you look at the bottom line.

Personally, I'll forgo the rear interior light for a nice holiday with my family! :)

*YMMV. VAG make this very difficult to compare as VAG don't want you to compare directly, but these were as close as possible spec'd vehicles. I went for the headline features.

Uncletone

Post by Uncletone » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:03 pm

Hi guys

I totally agree, you would check for the important things before you buy. But are these classed as important things, or are they items like air-con, DAB Radio, Apple Play, SatNav. that you take for granted and give them a cursor look. I guess nowadays you would check for those big items, but who would deliberately have on their hit list to look for a coat hook or a rear interior light.
Yes, I suppose you probably would, but they surely wouldn't be high on your list. WHY, because you just would expect them to be there. Its like ISOFIX Seat points, today you wouldn't look for them deliberately, you would expect them to be there when you came to use them.

Unfortunately for me as a company car, this was the only choice I had in the SEAT Arona Range. I could have had the SEAT Ibiza, even the FR version, but I preferred the Arona. And to be honest I didn't even have a test drive, I saw one in a dealership a quick look round and thought that will do.
I drove the Ibiza, admittedly it was one with a 115 bhp engine with a 6 speed box not a 5 speed 90 bhp version, but it was enough to convince me to have an Arona, after all its just an Ibiza on tall springs right !!

Coming down from an A4 Avant S Line TSFi was always going to be a compromise, but tax incentives, cheaper private mileage payments was a big plus. I didn't expect to compromise a coat hook and a rear interior light

Have you looked in a 5 Door Vauxhall Corsa, it has coat hooks and a rear interior light. a much cheaper vehicle. What about a Skoda Fabia same again. What about a SEAT Arona, you must be joking, come on SEAT these are everyday usable items. I would gladly have paid the extra 300 Euros, Pounds, Groats whatever to have had them fitted. Well I would have, had I been paying.

I've now had to put hand in pocket and order a coat hanger thingy that fits to the back of the head rest as I'm sick of picking my jacket up off the floor, because when the Front Assist thingy goes off unexpectedly and slams the brakes on, said jacket ends up in a heap.
Stuff the Front Assist, I have a pair of eyes and brakes so that I don't run in to things. And besides that its so inconsistent I've switched it off.

Anybody want to do a swap for a Radar Thingy Front Assist for some coat hooks and a rear interior light.
It Only Beaks When I Fix It

Arona 1.0 SE TECH Nevada White

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”