Arona Recalls

All Seat Arona related discussions
Neil C

Arona Recalls

Post by Neil C » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:25 pm

From reading the forum it looks like there are two recalls on the Arona (Mobile Booster and Rear Seat Belt issue). Has anybody had contact from their dealer about these issues. I was waiting for them to contact me but was now considering contacting them.
Arona FR 1.0 Monsoon Grey / Black Roof

sanchez

Re: Arona Recalls

Post by sanchez » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:40 pm

Short answer, no, no contact so took bull by the horns and pestered my local dealer to book me in. Took three calls as I did not buy from them, but succeeded and the new belt unit was fitted last Friday. My advice, don't politely wait, as I tried, like you, before acting myself.

Act on your own initiative and be comforted that they cannot refuse a Seat safety recall . Hope you get it sorted soon. Gave my reg and from that they can see the chassis number and said the booster issue was not on the list of recalls for my build. Just the belt. Hope this helps.

keitht

Post by keitht » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:50 pm

Mine was in the Dealers on Monday for a couple of other items. They told me about the seat belt recall and fixed it. They also said the mobile booster only required fixing on 18 reg cars and as mine was registered in late January it was fine.

As I can't believe the mobile booster changed design in the 6 months or so since launch, perhaps the changing legislation did not include cars previously registered. Anybody in the know care to comment?
Desire Red with black roof FR

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:50 pm

The main reason for concern was having my grandchildren in the back of the car with the seat belt safety issue. So took the advice and contacted my dealer today they were very helpful. All booked in for early next week at my convenience and the part will be replaced while I wait.

sanchez

Post by sanchez » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:29 am

Good to hear you are being sorted out Neil. Any mention of the wireless charger boost issue? Dealer convinced me my mid February build did not need it, having checked via chassis number.

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:42 am

They did not mention the booster issue Sanchez. But will ask the question when I take it in! I ordered my FR mid Jan which was obtained through there arriving stock for March delivery so could be the same as your dealer has informed you.

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:52 am

Mine was registered first of March (built end of January), and has been into the dealers several times since then and they have never mentioned it so I guess mines also not included. To be fair I don't think it's worth worrying about particularly as its a signal boost for mobile phone not a massive safety issue. Seatbelt recall is being done at the moment as its currently back at the garage :roll:
Seat Arona Fr Sport 1.5, Mystery Blue and Grey. Sport line pack matte silver, mud flaps, sill protectors, boot mat, blue wheel centres, blue calipers, console mats and leather armrest.(Sold)

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:59 am

Early morning waiting appointment for the seatbelt modification all completed. Very good service from my dealer Evans Halshaw. Asked the question about the mobile booster recall and told no outstanding issues with my vehicle.

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”