Squeaky suspension

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Arona
Baggy

Squeaky suspension

Post by Baggy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:28 pm

Car is just about 8 weeks in and 1500 miles and past couple of days the suspension squeaks when getting in or out of the car .. starting to annoy me now tbh ..
is it worth mentioning to my dealer as it’s embarrassing making such a noise at the supermarket people looked at me funny this afternoon 😞

Dolphinfriendly1012

Re: Squeaky suspension

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:58 pm

Seat Arona Fr Sport 1.5, Mystery Blue and Grey. Sport line pack matte silver, mud flaps, sill protectors, boot mat, blue wheel centres, blue calipers, console mats and leather armrest.

keitht

Post by keitht » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:04 pm

I had the dealers Ibiza whilst my FR was being “fixed” it did the same.

Mine seems to make less noise now, or perhaps I don’t hear it as much!
Desire Red with black roof FR

sanchez

Post by sanchez » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:58 am

Springs take up the strain when you get in and out. Had that on many cars and don't see the problem. Funny looks could as easily be jealousy and sour grapes. Pursue if it bugs you so much Baggy but not sure the springs can be silenced ! :? [ But the rubber bushes dry out and silicone spray may well help reduce 'squeaks' ]

sanchez

Post by sanchez » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:33 am

Hi Baggy. What's the latest on squeakgate? Was in a supermarket car park and tried to reproduce the noise you mention by bouncing up and down and could n't. Considered getting the wife to sit on the same seat with me for the extra weight but decided it was not worth the risk of getting arrested. Await your update.

Return to “Faults & Technical”