Cruise control

All Seat Arona related discussions
Steve.J

Cruise control

Post by Steve.J » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:19 pm

Can any Forum member please tell me how to set the Cruise control on my Arona model which also has the adaptive cruise control, i can get the speed limiter to work but when i try to set the ordinary cruise control it seems to automatically go in adaptive control, am i missing something i have tried to follow the owners manual on the third lever press this push and pull that but to no avail, is there a particular sequence you have to follow!

Dunkelmann

Re: Cruise control

Post by Dunkelmann » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:32 am

As far as I can see, the cruise control is ACC only.

I gave my Arona its first motorway run at the weekend around 1000 miles and tried out the CC. I have to say I prefer ordinary CC because I don't like having to slow down to someone else's speed! I prefer a steady rate.

If you are a <swearing omitted> MIDDLE OF THE ROAD driver then ACC is a dream come true I suppose. (Personally I would replace the driver attention and lane assist features with the MOR feature incorporating electric shocked driver's seat on detecting driving in the middle or outer motorway lane with the inner lanes empty.)
Arona Xcellence, petrol, 1.0 TSI 115 PS, manual, Black

Baggy

Re: Cruise control

Post by Baggy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:38 pm

CC is one thing I’ll never use ... I hate the thought of the car controlling speed .
My hubby uses it all the time even at low speeds and used it on the way to Cosford Air Show .. I hate to be a passenger and feel the constant pull / revs of the car maintaining speed ..
I Drove Home 😉

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”