Cruise control

All Seat Arona related discussions
Steve.J

Cruise control

Post by Steve.J » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:19 pm

Can any Forum member please tell me how to set the Cruise control on my Arona model which also has the adaptive cruise control, i can get the speed limiter to work but when i try to set the ordinary cruise control it seems to automatically go in adaptive control, am i missing something i have tried to follow the owners manual on the third lever press this push and pull that but to no avail, is there a particular sequence you have to follow!

Dunkelmann

Re: Cruise control

Post by Dunkelmann » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:32 am

As far as I can see, the cruise control is ACC only.

I gave my Arona its first motorway run at the weekend around 1000 miles and tried out the CC. I have to say I prefer ordinary CC because I don't like having to slow down to someone else's speed! I prefer a steady rate.

If you are a <swearing omitted> MIDDLE OF THE ROAD driver then ACC is a dream come true I suppose. (Personally I would replace the driver attention and lane assist features with the MOR feature incorporating electric shocked driver's seat on detecting driving in the middle or outer motorway lane with the inner lanes empty.)
Arona Xcellence, petrol, 1.0 TSI 115 PS, manual, Black

Baggy

Post by Baggy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:38 pm

CC is one thing I’ll never use ... I hate the thought of the car controlling speed .
My hubby uses it all the time even at low speeds and used it on the way to Cosford Air Show .. I hate to be a passenger and feel the constant pull / revs of the car maintaining speed ..
I Drove Home 😉

Av10

Post by Av10 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:09 am

ACC is awesome, use it on the motorway daily. Takes the tension off driving in a column of cars. You just have to get used to the trap zone behind a car and move out in time. And recognise that it doesn't 'see' stationary objects or close large ones (it tried to run me smack into a bus the other day). But overall well worth it.

Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:40 pm

I like ACC have it on the current Leon and SE Tech Lux comes with it to. . You can deactivate ACC through the menu settings I thought for it to become CC?

Problems I find is on curves when it picks up another vehicle going slower, delay after a slower moving vehicle has pulled over or if you have cars constantly moving into the quite large space the system leaves between vehicles at higher speeds. However, as an added safety device keeping you at a safe distance it works really well.

Dunkelmann

Post by Dunkelmann » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:58 pm

There is no way to turn it into traditional CC. It is either activated or deactivated.

Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:14 pm

Dunkelmann wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:58 pm
There is no way to turn it into traditional CC. It is either activated or deactivated.
You can on the Leon via the MFD disable ACC, pick up my Arona SE Tech Lux tomorrow will see if the Arona can or cannot.

Dunkelmann

Post by Dunkelmann » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:51 pm

Cyberbob wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:14 pm
Dunkelmann wrote:
will see if the Arona can or cannot.
Ok don't believe me :-). However I have read the manual and played with it for 2000 miles. I eagerly await the results of your definitive research proving me wrong.

Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:29 am

Dunkelmann wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:51 pm
Cyberbob wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:14 pm
Dunkelmann wrote:
will see if the Arona can or cannot.
Ok don't believe me :-). However I have read the manual and played with it for 2000 miles. I eagerly await the results of your definitive research proving me wrong.
I can only comment on the Leon - I am sure you are correct about the Arona :D

Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:47 pm

Dunkelmann wrote:
You are right on both the Leon and the Arona, I thought the assistance systems, which you can turn off via MFD included ACC, making it CC opps, there are many, many people with a bigger brain than me :mrgreen:

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”