Hands Free

All Seat Arona related discussions
pks1414

Hands Free

Post by pks1414 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:49 am

I am still trying to get my head around this. I have an iPhone 8 and I don't always have it connected for apple play, however it is set up for blue tooth. I have tried to start playing music on the phone by pressing the button on the steering wheel button but I just get a response saying doesn't recognise this genre? also I had a call come in from my daughter and whilst it came up on the screen it wouldn't let me answer by pressing the button on the wheel however I can make calls out? all a bit confusing

any help appreciated, oh yes Arona FR

GazzaB

Re: Hands Free

Post by GazzaB » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:20 pm

Apple CarPlay is only via USB cable. IT DOES NOT FUNCTION via Bluetooth.
Refer to your Media Handbook.
Page 33 for storage device via usb.
Iphone should be able to function this way as well
and
Page 67 Full Link section of the Manual.
Arona Excellence Lux 1.0TSi 115PS DSG. Nevada White with Black Roof, OEM dark window tint, Fitted a Carbon Fibre look rear Bumper Guard. Pressed Metal Number plates with Carbon fibre plate holder.
Planning to Do: Sound Deadening.

Iamkingpin

Post by Iamkingpin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:40 am

The joys of apple. No problems with Android.
Seat arona xcellence lux 115ps mystery blue

pks1414

Post by pks1414 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:11 am

Yes Apple Play all connects ok with the USB cable, my question was regarding not having it connected via USB but simply sitting in the charging tray and utilising Bluetooth. I can press the button on the wheel and make a call over Bluetooth however if a call comes in. the button on the wheel did not let me take the call, the callers details were on screen I had to press the button on that to take the call?

GazzaB

Post by GazzaB » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:35 pm

on the steering wheel? do you have
1. Telephone hand set symbol ?
or
2. Head with sound waves ?

As if you have the Head symbol you cannot pick up a call.
if you have the handset symbol it should be a short press on the bottom to active and reactive incoming calls.
this info is found in your hand book on pages 125 to 128

hope this helps
Arona Excellence Lux 1.0TSi 115PS DSG. Nevada White with Black Roof, OEM dark window tint, Fitted a Carbon Fibre look rear Bumper Guard. Pressed Metal Number plates with Carbon fibre plate holder.
Planning to Do: Sound Deadening.

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”