Parking Pilot cuts out radio

All Seat Arona related discussions
datingdiva

Parking Pilot cuts out radio

Post by datingdiva » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:45 am

Loving my new Arona.

Just one slight annoyance for me. Everytime I go into reverse and the camera switches on, or the parking sensors start to work, the radio cuts out completely.

Is there any way to stop this happening? I know I can turn the parking pilot off completely but I don't want to do that. I would prefer the radio to stay on and any parking sensor beeps to be on at the same time. IMO there is no need for the radio to turn itself completely off. Even more annoying when you are trying to listen to a traffic report and it turns off!!

Any ideas anyone?

Rob456

Re: Parking Pilot cuts out radio

Post by Rob456 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:18 pm

Mine goes quiet but once finished goes back to
set volume might be a fault therefore but a quick ring to the service depot of your dealer might be a simple fix. Glad like me your enjoying the car.

andym386

Post by andym386 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:53 pm

Have you looked in the vehicle settings --->Parking and Manoeuvering--->Entertainment Fading ? If this is set to mute then your radio will cut out when you reverse. You can adjust the volume level here or turn this setting off completely.
Hope this helps.

BlueBoy68

Post by BlueBoy68 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:21 pm

The extent to which the radio volume turns down while you're reversing is a setting that you can change along with quite a few other volume settings (e.g. radio vs traffic directions). Likewise internal lighting etc etc. Schedule yourself a half hour session in the car on the drive with the ignition switched on (but not the engine obviously). 'Suck it and see' is better than poring through the manual - ask any IT-savvy youngster
1.6 TDI 115 Technology Lux (2018/68)

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”