FINALLY HERE

Post pictures of your Arona here
GazzaB

FINALLY HERE

Post by GazzaB » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:48 pm

SINCE WAITING SINCE FEB AND ITS BEEN A TRIAL WITH ALL THE CHANGES.
FINALLY THE CAR IS HERE.
IVE CHECKED HER OVER AND ALL IT CORRECT FOR THE ORIGINAL SPEC.
Its only been of the transporter 1 day. So still covered in the transport wrapping etc.
It will be Ready to pick up 1 week today, as having the Dashcam system from my Golf fitted. Front and Rear HD Camera system. (Thinkware F770)

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

Arona Excellence Lux 1.0TSi 115PS DSG. Nevada White with Black Roof, OEM dark window tint, Fitted a Carbon Fibre look rear Bumper Guard. Pressed Metal Number plates with Carbon fibre plate holder.
Planning to Do: Sound Deadening.

Snowdaddy

Re: FINALLY HERE

Post by Snowdaddy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:27 am

Looking good GazzaB, at least you have finally got it.

Does this mean original spec cars are now starting to come through again as back orders, because my dealer had advised (in early May, and not had any updates since) will be Q4 before any more to original spec would come through.

Appreciate any info or clues on updates to deliveries
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior

GazzaB

Post by GazzaB » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:09 pm

I was originally told Q4, then out of the blue I had a call from the dealer to say that THE SEAT factory for People that ordered the original Spec before the changeover of specs, and they have insisted on having the original Specification that they are pushing these through.
I ordered mine 17th Feb.
and Pick it up on Friday 20th July.
I also got a call from SEAT Customer care to tell me the the car was now onto a boat and leaving. that was about 1.5 weeks ago.
So its been really quick getting here.

I suggest you get the order number number from your dealer and Ring SEAT Customer care and ask. Also push them for the compensation deal.
DO NOT LEAVE IT... as the director of the dealership and the head of Sales both told me to chase early, as SEAT can conveniently forget and once you have the car it is harder to get.

So Ring them and send an Email, as if it is in Writing, and Email is a legal document now, it is proof you have asked for this, so they have to respond.
verbally it could be missed. So always do an email as well.

Also I suggest that every one is aware of the Motor industry Ombudsman. and that SEAT along with most other manufactures have signed to the New Car Code of practice.

https://www.themotorombudsman.org/

Here is the Website. As if you get no resolution then you can make a complaint to the Ombudmans, and have do this ALL Online.
Worth keeping a note of. as it covers warranties etc.
Take a look lot of information on the site.

Hope that Helps.

You have to keep at these people, otherwise they will walk over you, you have consumer rights, so lets play them at their own game.
We all tend to be too complacent about all of this, to our detriment. :)

I will post some more pics, when it is all bright and shiny... :)
Arona Excellence Lux 1.0TSi 115PS DSG. Nevada White with Black Roof, OEM dark window tint, Fitted a Carbon Fibre look rear Bumper Guard. Pressed Metal Number plates with Carbon fibre plate holder.

Baggy

Post by Baggy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:17 am

Glad it’s here for you at last
X

GazzaB

Post by GazzaB » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:36 pm

YEP, 6 Month wait Baggy.
Hope all is OK with the DSG, time will tell.
I am sure that their is a VCD setting which can alter the timing on it.

GazzaB

Post by GazzaB » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:54 pm

Finally took some pics today at work.
here is is almost shiny. :) I keep using it LOL

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

GWS

Post by GWS » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:25 am

Hi Gazza,

Is this white or Nevada white as it looks slightly creamy in the photos but see your bio says Nevada white?
Arona FR Sport - Nevada White & Black

GazzaB

Post by GazzaB » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:15 pm

Its Nevada White, late evening so the sun is giving a yellowish hue. and it is dusty from using it.
these are straight off my phone with out correction for white balance.
It does sparkle when your next to the car..
Here are the adjusted photos for colour temperature, saturation levels and balance the exposure levels to give a Truer colour to the photo.
Saturday I added a Rear Bumper protector in Carbon Fibre, and changed over to a set of Pressed Metal plates Euro Plates with Carbon Fibre number plate holders. (Not shown in this photo) Will take photo when its not raining here. :) Waiting for my Silent Coat sound deadening and acoustic mat to arrive. thats the next project to start. Under the bonnet with sound deadening and then the acoustic buffer(Designed for under bonnet applications).
Then will start on the boot area. Will take some sound readings as I am going and photos. will do a separate post for this.
As for the plates I go over to Germany a few times a year it is still legal to use Euro-plates. I doubt that will change anyway with the deal for the Governments (ULTRA SOFT)Brexit.
We are becoming a Norway (Follow all the rules but have no SAY about them).

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

rfn

Post by rfn » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:30 pm

Car looks great.Congratulations.

We've ordered a blue Xcellence Lux from the same SEAT garage (based on the pics) and it'll get parked in the same car park by the looks of things, too! (Jubilee?!).

Ours should be here soon (next week or two, we think!

GazzaB

Post by GazzaB » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:52 pm

Well if indeed we are at the same place then I will keep an eye out for yours.

I followed another white one with the monsoon grey roof, it looked like an SE TECH from the Alloys.
Mine needs a serious clean, hopefully will get it done this weekend if its not raining.
Need to give in a proper DA polish, as the Garage missed loads on the PDI.
and when I get the Winter wheels on I will have the Alloys ceramic coated.

Return to “Members Gallery”