Arona seat belt recall PARTIAL fix !!!

All Seat Arona related discussions
Dylan Munro

Re: Arona seat belt recall PARTIAL fix !!!

Post by Dylan Munro » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:38 pm

SEAT’s will respond within 48 hours - “We treat every customer equally” and will NOT escalate a case because of this policy, hence the 48 hours.
When they do come back to you - It is a stock answer SORRY !!!
If I had £1 for every time I was told “I understand” or “I’m sorry” I would be worth quite a tidy sum.
Do not think that because your case has been escalated that anything substantive will happen, because it will not.
Escalation just amounts to yet another (very polite) SORRY and in the meantime, another 48 hours will have passed.
SORRY just does not cut it for me. I’ve just returned from a short holiday, but this time unable to take my daughter and granddaughter. It’s the first time we haven’t all gone off together since my granddaughter (6) was born.
I informed SEAT of this guess what
“SORRY”
Not quite the response I expected.
A great, great shame as I really like the Arona and as far as I can make out,November is only at best a guesstimate, as even SEAT themselves cannot or will not confirm this as end date.
Where we go from here I do not know !
FR 1.0 TSi 115PS - White with Grey Roof

IanF

Post by IanF » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:52 pm

This doesn’t sound good Dylan, I look forward to my next apology!
Seems to me like the only option is for us to reject the cars but of course that really doesn’t help us as we are stuck without a car and have to find a suitable replacement.
The ideal solution is we get some sort of temporary replacement vehicle but obviously that is a great cost to Seat so unlikely

keitht

Post by keitht » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:19 pm

It must be all right What Car says so:

https://www.whatcar.com/news/seat-arona ... st-review/

Or perhaps they didn’t get their letter!
Desire Red with black roof FR

IanF

Post by IanF » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:13 pm

So an update, Seat have got back to me today and I will have a replacement car with me this afternoon which I will keep until the fix is in place. The Arona will also be left with me.
All in all so far so good with SEAT customer services just disappointing they didn’t make me aware of this issue from the beginning.

stevenh365

Post by stevenh365 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Hi Everyone,
Anyone come across these...
DELETED
Last edited by stevenh365 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
SE Tech Lux 1.6 D 115 2018/18

stevenh365

Post by stevenh365 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:49 pm

Just the plastic belt guard that goes above the selt belt 'press button'

stevenh365

Post by stevenh365 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:54 pm

By the way I spoke to SEAT Uk cus services this week and they told me a full fix / recall will start to roll out from Monday 19th Nov which at the moment entails fitting a shorten buckle

stevenh365

Post by stevenh365 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:14 am

Hi Guys,
Sorry I deleted my earlier link in favour for these as they seem more appropriate.
I DONT recommend them at this stage but in theroy they do cut the risk of the longer seat buckle leaning on to the lower buckle and releasing the left sided seat belt... which is obvioulsy the issue in question.

ps I hope the links are allowed as I have attempted to post my own pics but they are rejected as files are too large.

Any thoughts please?

And of coarse these are not the only brands on the market others are available ;)

http://amzn.eu/bYTjb18

and

http://amzn.eu/drzUEdg

keitht

Post by keitht » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:49 am

stevenh365,
I am fairly sure these type of devices would not be suitable for the Arona’s twin rear buckles, because the release buttons face each other, they are close together particularly after the interim fix, and the left buckle does not protrude from the seat cushion enough.
Desire Red with black roof FR

stevenh365

Post by stevenh365 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:05 am

The centre seat buckle protuding too far is the issue is it not? If it didnt protrude the problem wouldnt exist.

The problem is that the longer neck seat belt buckle can knock against the shorter seatbelt buckle when the middle and left side rear seats are occupied. The longer buckle has been able to open and release the shorter buckle seatbelt as if someone was pressing to release it.
These clipscover the button hence not allowingthe buckles to clash and release the belt when people are moving around or are forced around such as it the road testing jornalists who discovered the problem.

Both of those shown do fit my Arona.
Ive had the initial recall and my centre buckle is still higher than the left if yours isnt?

I do have pics of them in situ but unfortualtley the forum set up does allow me to post them
Last edited by stevenh365 on Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”