Infotainment system wont start

All Seat Arona related discussions
rozz123

Infotainment system wont start

Post by rozz123 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:27 pm

I've just picked up an ex demo arona.

The infotainment system does not start at all.

Has anyone else had this problem?

The dealership Robinsons identified this as an issue when they were inspecting it prior to me buying it, and said they needed to order a new screen so i delayed the purchase. They then contacted me stating it had arrived the engineers installed the new screen and was fully functional. I then take delivery of it, and it's still not working at all.

The DAB radio seems to work ok, but there is absolutely no response from the screen. I've tried turning it off and on.

GazzaB

Re: Infotainment system wont start

Post by GazzaB » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:02 pm

Go back to the dealer and tell them its not working, so they have not fixed it.
They need to sort this out. it is in warranty.

But try the following.
Remove any SD cards, CD's and USB devices.
Click the ignition to the on position.

Press and hold the power on button for a count of 30. about 30 seconds..
the unit should do a reset.
power off the ignition.
and then start the car normally.
The system may reboot. take it to the dealer and tell them it is still going off and that they need to re-flash the firmware in the head unit.
Arona Excellence Lux 1.0TSi 115PS DSG. Nevada White with Black Roof, OEM dark window tint, Fitted a Carbon Fibre look rear Bumper Guard. Pressed Metal Number plates with Carbon fibre plate holder.
Planning to Do: Sound Deadening.

rozz123

Post by rozz123 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Thanks for your reply. I tried the reset, but all it does is turn off and on the radio. I'll see what the dealer says, it's really annoying. They must have tested it when they fitted the replacement screen. I can help but think they didnt replace it, as it seems unfathomable that the replacement screen would also be faulty.

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:05 am

rozz123 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:16 pm
Thanks for your reply. I tried the reset, but all it does is turn off and on the radio. I'll see what the dealer says, it's really annoying. They must have tested it when they fitted the replacement screen. I can help but think they didnt replace it, as it seems unfathomable that the replacement screen would also be faulty.
Sometimes faults get misdiagnosed, especially if it is a loose connection in a connecting wire or plug. As a general rule if something works in some modes the item itself is not faulty, but something controlling it or linked to it, is faulty or poorly connected

It should be fixed under warranty, although that is inconvenient if not local
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior

cliffyb

Post by cliffyb » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:58 pm

Had the same problem but it would come on eventually

Had other issues ie gear indicator on dash erratic, stability alarm (when driving in light rain) ,error message on stop /start.
Took car to unhelpful dealership whose only answer was ‘nothing shows up on diagnostic ‘.
Contacted Seat Customer Care, They discovered that since I purchased the car there had been 2 software updates that should have been applied.

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”