Sat nav updates

All Seat Arona related discussions
AronaKent

Re: Sat nav updates

Post by AronaKent » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:32 am

I'm glad you got it working Tone.

What I still don't understand is why the Overall.nds file needs to be copied from the original for it to work, as there is no mention of this in the official update instructions. I only found out by stumbling over the Ateca forum when I was researching if any old SD Card would work, rather than the original.

Hopefully they'll either fix this or adjust the instructions as this will waste a lot of peoples time who don't visit these types of forums.
2018(68) Arona SE Technology, 1.0 95ps TFSI Manual. All silver - Full LED Headlights :idea:

t512857

Post by t512857 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:32 pm

This is why a clond SD card won't work. The SatNav is linked to the so called CID number of the card.
Information about an SD card is encoded in its internal card registries. One of these is the Card Identification (CID) Register, a 16 byte code that contains information that uniquely identifies the SD card, including the card serial number (PSN), manufacturer ID number (MID) and manufacture date (MDT). The CID register is set when the card is manufactured and cannot be changed after it is set.

t512857

Post by t512857 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:35 pm

Regarding the way of working described in previous posts here: is it possible to add country information from different update packages into one?

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”