Sat nav updates

All Seat Arona related discussions
RAlphUp

Re: Sat nav updates

Post by RAlphUp » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:44 am

RAlphUp wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:03 am
Just tried a couple of ways to update our new-to-us 2018 Arona SE Tech.

In the end I did use the VW Discovercare, which allowed me to do the FULL EUROPE ECEAS - Full Update (14Gb) as per the original card, but I still had to copy the OVERALL.NDS from my SD Card backup after updating. Who Knows, one day I may want to tour around Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Island, Italy, Kosovo & Latvia :D :D :D

We also have a 2019 Ateca which after some messing around with the downloads from SEAT website, was able to update but only with one of the smaller map groups that included the UK.

Today I will use the VW Discovercare, and do the FULL EUROPE (14Gb) install and test without using my original OVERALL.NDS file.

Thanks for all your help here with this, although I really love our SEAT's and in all we have owned 8 of them over the years, I think SEAT UK is a bit mean to stop us from legitimately updating these Maps, and so far on the SEAT UK website it does actually link you to the download page where I can find no warning saying you cannot update in the UK!
Ok feedback:
2018 (68 Plate) Arona SE Tech - Using VW discovery and updating to the FULL EUROPE ECEAS - Full Update (14Gb)

Worked, but only after the original OVERALL.NDS file was restored - Now on MAPS 2020 (v1310)

2019 (69 Plate) Ateca XCELLENCE Lux - Using VW discovery and updating to the FULL EUROPE ECEAS - Full Update (14Gb)

Worked straight away without the need for the original OVERALL.NDS - Now on MAPS 2020 (v1310)

2019 (19 Plate) Leon SE Tech - Using VW discovery and updating to the FULL EUROPE ECEAS - Full Update (14Gb)

Worked, but only after the original OVERALL.NDS file was restored, first few attempts NO DATABASE, then I unlocked the SD card and it started to work, maybe the header unit needs to be able to update the file itself (haven't done any further investigation on that though! Now with the SD Card switch in the Locked position, maps are working - Now on MAPS 2020 (v1310)

PS NEVER Put the SD card in the CD Slot, wasn't paying attention when re-inserting the card, luckly it didnt go all the way in and I managed to get it out with a pair of tweezers! DOH!!! :o :o

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”