Traffic sign recognition?

All Seat Arona related discussions
Tdoe94

Traffic sign recognition?

Post by Tdoe94 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:59 pm

Does the Seat Arona xcellence lux have this ? Wondering if it appears on the digital cockpit?

stottycabanas

Re: Traffic sign recognition?

Post by stottycabanas » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:49 am

If you mean the road signs which state the speed limit, then yes, it will recognise these.

I believe the current speed limit is only shown on the infotainment screen when the navigation is selected, rather than in the digital cockpit.
Arona Xcellence Lux 1.0L 115PS DSG Desire Red/Midnight Black

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:47 am

No it doesn’t have this, that would require a forward camera. I assume you mean the one that shows reminders of triangular warning sign you have just passed.

The speed limit on the maps is part of the map, and is not accurate as it doesn’t include recent limit changes
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

stottycabanas

Post by stottycabanas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:47 pm

Thanks Snowdaddy. Yes, I meant 'recognise' via the speed limit info with the maps, rather than via a camera. Although it may be the question arose because TSR is (was?) a feature on some Ateca Xcellence Luxes, using a forward camera behind the rear view mirror. As mentioned here: https://www.seat.com/car-terms/t/traffi ... ition.html

Not sure how much value such a feature would add in practice.
Arona Xcellence Lux 1.0L 115PS DSG Desire Red/Midnight Black

scotti290586

Post by scotti290586 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:08 am

When scrolling through the items on my digi dash yesterday, below speed was ‘road signs’ it’s never been there before so I selected it and had a message saying something like no road signs identified... got back in the car later and it had disappeared off the menu... how strange 😂

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”