Tyres

All Seat Arona related discussions
The Wall Watcher

Tyres

Post by The Wall Watcher » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:26 pm

So after reading discussions on here about the factory fit tyres I researched web reviews as well. Conclusion: It must be down to driving style in terms of how they perform. Why? Because some people love them, whilst others don't. Will have to see which side I fall after trying them out over the coming weeks.

One person said "They are perfect. Previous tyres would wheel spin in 3rd. These grip no matter what the weather or power"

Another said "Terrible tyre if you ever intend to drive on wet roads. This will lose grip if someone throws a cup of water in front of your car, even at slow speeds"

To be fair, the majority seem to think the P7 is a great tyre. Rating 4.7 stars (from 1500 reviews) on one site.

You wait, I bet I don't even end up getting the P7's on mine when I pick it up! :lol:
FR Sport 1.0 TSI 115 PS 6-speed manual Eclipse Orange, Magnetic Grey Roof

Cyberbob

Re: Tyres

Post by Cyberbob » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:05 pm

The Wall Watcher wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:26 pm
So after reading discussions on here about the factory fit tyres I researched web reviews as well. Conclusion: It must be down to driving style in terms of how they perform. Why? Because some people love them, whilst others don't. Will have to see which side I fall after trying them out over the coming weeks.

One person said "They are perfect. Previous tyres would wheel spin in 3rd. These grip no matter what the weather or power"

Another said "Terrible tyre if you ever intend to drive on wet roads. This will lose grip if someone throws a cup of water in front of your car, even at slow speeds"

To be fair, the majority seem to think the P7 is a great tyre. Rating 4.7 stars (from 1500 reviews) on one site.

You wait, I bet I don't even end up getting the P7's on mine when I pick it up! :lol:
Temperature seems to be one of the biggest factors effecting performance and therefore opinion. I have the Hancock tyres, they seem to be good in all conditions, not a performance tyre but give decent traction in hot, wet and cold weather TBH. Having a derv means plenty of torque that can overwhelm different tyres in certain conditions so quite a good indicator in that respect.

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:08 am

I have come to the conclusion that the Pirelli P7 are like marmite, love it or hate it.

In warmer weather they are great, however when cold (especially for first mile or two) they are hard and are easy to spin the front wheels in rain if pulling out of a side turning quickly. Perhaps the heavier diesel is ok, and extra weight helps traction, but I have the lighter 1 litre petrol DSG.

Great as a summer tyre, poor as all year tyre as they can’t cope with cold rain and frost, although they obviously warm up a bit in use so become better 5-10 minutes into a journey.

The one day we had snow, they were dreadful, assume you will be stranded when you get to a snowy hill with these.
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

The Wall Watcher

Post by The Wall Watcher » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:54 am

Hi, so an update from me.

I have to say that I've had no issues so far in all conditions. Performed well in all areas, even snow. We live in a Cul De Sac with a steep entrance /exit. Being private it didn't get gritted in the most recent snow fall. Drove straight out and in with no spinning or skidding.

Will probably buy again when required. Hopefully not needed for at least 20,0000 miles though!
FR Sport 1.0 TSI 115 PS 6-speed manual Eclipse Orange, Magnetic Grey Roof

theforestdweller

Post by theforestdweller » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:25 pm

Snowdaddy wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:08 am
I have come to the conclusion that the Pirelli P7 are like marmite, love it or hate it.
That's my opinion as well. There are two brands of tyre which I hope to avoid, and that's Pirelli and Continental. Pirelli beacause of excessive wear, and Continental because they are so damned noisy! Of course this is a very subjective opinion based on my own limited experience with these brands. However I was very pleased to see that my FR Sport has been fitted with Hankook Ventus Prime 3 tyres. They seem to get reasonably favourable reviews so I look forward to enjoying some quiet tyres with a long life :!:
Arona FR Sport 1.0 115ps - Arrived 05.03.2019

When the experts are agreed, the opposite opinion cannot be held to be certain (Bertrand Russell)

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”