Audi Q2

All Seat Arona related discussions
The Wall Watcher

Re: Audi Q2

Post by The Wall Watcher » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:48 am

People are different, Cars are different. Each to there own.

Personally, I find the Q2 an ugly car. Wouldn't have got one if it was cheaper than the Arona.

0% over 4 years was a big attraction for buying brand new for me, plus the affordability of PCP monthly payments. I don't have £20,000 lying around and to buy a 1 year old with finance would spending £1,500 upwards on interest.

I did my research, and certainly haven't thrown away money by buying new. Maybe others have, Potato....Tomato :D

2 weeks in and loving my Arona.
FR Sport 1.0 TSI 115 PS 6-speed manual Eclipse Orange, Magnetic Grey Roof

mrtpe465

Post by mrtpe465 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi,
My current car is an Audi Q2 Sport and I am eagerly awaiting collection of my new Arona on 1st/2nd March (FR Sport).
Can't wait to offload the Q2 as the level of equipment is awful, the standard lights are so dim that I keep checking if they are on.
So many small annoyances on the Audi Q2. When comparing the cars, make sure to add up all the equipment that is standard on the Arona and the Q2 will be over 7K more expensive.

munkyf

Post by munkyf » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:37 pm

My brother in law has a Q2 and the interior is far inferior to the Arona unless you are going for sport line spec. Overpriced, same as the T-roc.......now the Q3 is a different story ( although my boss had a major transmission failure on her 6 month old Q3 quatro).
1.5 evo FR sport - magnetic grey top and tail

Bonzo

Post by Bonzo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:17 pm

Let’s all big up the Arona 👍🏻😀
FR 115 with DSG

Brian566

Post by Brian566 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:41 pm

mrtpe465 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:32 pm
Hi,
My current car is an Audi Q2 Sport and I am eagerly awaiting collection of my new Arona on 1st/2nd March (FR Sport).
Can't wait to offload the Q2 as the level of equipment is awful, the standard lights are so dim that I keep checking if they are on.
So many small annoyances on the Audi Q2. When comparing the cars, make sure to add up all the equipment that is standard on the Arona and the Q2 will be over 7K more expensive.
When I booked a test drive in the Q2 the interior was so dark and cold hardly see out of the back window and the Big blind spot due to the Large rear side panels created a blind spot for over the shoulder viewing
And has you say the SE is basic and you have to go up to the S Line to get any kit and even then no folding mirrors
Arona FR TSI 115 Magnetic Grey /Black Roof

Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:11 pm

Wowzz wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:45 am
gingee wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:35 am
I was so up for an Audi Q2 (current car is an A3), but after watching a few reviews I went for the Xcellence Lux. At around £23k, I think the same spec would cost about £30k on a Q2. My new Arona turned up at the dealers yesterday (all black - just like a Q2), but not picking it up until March.
£23 k for an Arona seems a lot of cash for a car that will depreciate much more than an Audi. If you spent the same amount on a 1 year old Audi, in 3 years time which car would be worth more? OK, I know the Arona has lots more superfluous kit (why are led headlights so important anyway?), but buying a top of the range but mass market car is just chucking money away.
Residual wise the Arona is close to a Q2, Audi no longer have the residual values they once did, SEAT actually match Audi residuals in some model/trim.

Q2 does not have climate as standard older infotainment system and a more basic standard spec. Add in the fact that on finance the Arona works out cheaper per month especially with the current zero percent. The Q2 with the same engine and a lower spec worked out £80 a month more for me, before even adding in metallic paint standard on the Arona.

Q2 is better made overall especially against the lower end of the Arona range interior wise. However, the badge is not quite what it once was... At least driving a SEAT you don't get people assuming you are a 'dick.' :lol:

Wowzz

Post by Wowzz » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:26 am

Interesting replies - I may have been a little unwise in choosing an Audi as a comparative choice! Personally, I still do not believe any Arona is worth £23k, when there are so many other 1 year old vehicles out there for a lower figure. How about a Mazda CX5 for example?
And, buying a car on PCP is a dangerous road to go down. I know Seat are offering 0%, but so much depends on residual costs that it make me nervous. I can get a bank loan for 3% - gives me much more freedom and flexibility for relatively little cost.

Ash

Post by Ash » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:56 am

Wowzz wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:26 am
Interesting replies - I may have been a little unwise in choosing an Audi as a comparative choice! Personally, I still do not believe any Arona is worth £23k, when there are so many other 1 year old vehicles out there for a lower figure. How about a Mazda CX5 for example?
And, buying a car on PCP is a dangerous road to go down. I know Seat are offering 0%, but so much depends on residual costs that it make me nervous. I can get a bank loan for 3% - gives me much more freedom and flexibility for relatively little cost.

Fair comment, for me residual value doesn’t matter, I’ve had my current car 10 years and as long as the arona isn’t a nightmare to live with I’ll stick with it for another 10 by which time it won’t be worth a lot any way so for me the offer of 0% worked out in my favour.
1.0 FR Sport Mystery Blue

mrtpe465

Post by mrtpe465 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:13 am

RV values between the Arona and Q2 are basically the same. The Q2 costs more and therefore has a higher figure but the percentage almost the same. I'm getting a much higher spec Arona for over £5000 less than the cost of my Q2. The current offers of 0% finance are a very tempting offer, something that Audi will not offer.

BenC

Post by BenC » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Wowzz wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:26 am
It sounds to me like the entire premise of your argument isn't Arona vs Q2, but rather new vs used?

There are many reasons why people choose to buy new. Personally, I prefer to know the history of my car, how it has been driven and whether or not it has hidden damage/repairs. I wouldn't buy a used car personally. That is my choice and I'm happy to pay a premium for it.

As for the Arona not being worth £23k... things are worth exactly what people are willing to pay for them. The rather impressive sales performance of the Arona would suggest the pricing is correct. I'm very happy to have paid £22k for my Arona.

Why do you say that PCP is risky? The monthly, final payment and total payable are known upfront, there are no surprises. If the car is worth less than the final payment, you hand it back, if it's worth more, you sell it. It couldn't be simpler.

Finally, if people like us didn't buy new, you wouldn't be able to buy used. ;)
2019 (19) Arona Xcellence Lux 1.0L 115PS Petrol DSG - Eclipse Orange with Grey Roof.

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”