Alert which I can't find in Handbook

All Seat Arona related discussions
Graham57

Alert which I can't find in Handbook

Post by Graham57 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:46 pm

Since getting my new Arona Technology about 6 months ago, I've seen an alert come up 3 times with a ping for a few seconds on the central dashboard area between the two circular dials. this is where the compass/directional display is normally. It shows the car from above with several lines coming out from all directions around it. Its not the symbol showing a door/boot open and the lines come out from all around the car. Does anyone know what this is?
The car is performing fine so I have ignored it so far. Thanks

Snowdaddy

Re: Alert which I can't find in Handbook

Post by Snowdaddy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:06 pm

Is this the front assist warning

Car in front is slowing and you are not, if just popping up momentarily might be spurious detection, if it is genuine and you don’t brake it will slam brakes on for you.
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

DutchCourage

Post by DutchCourage » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:15 am

The lines are the distance to the other car, this is what is used for the adaptive cruise control and for the (front assist) emergency assisted braking as per Snowdaddy's reply. It means the car thinks you are too close to the car in front.

In ACC you can set the sensitivity with the toggle on top of the stalk behind the steering wheel. It works quite well, one of the Arona's many handy features.

Graham57

Post by Graham57 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:01 pm

Thanks, both of you. Yes it is the Emergency brake system (Front Assist), which I didn't even know I had. And the symbol is on p210 of the handbook. I wasn't conscious of any hazard on those occasions although on last occasion I recall I was going over a large speed bump! But nice to know I've got it. Thanks again.

Graham57

Post by Graham57 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:57 am

Just as an update, I had a real experience of the Emergency Brake System ( Front Assist) yesterday. When the car in front of me braked sharply to avoid a van that pulled out, the emergency brakes sharply took effect. And the alert I'd seen before came up on the screen, so you were correct. I can only think that the previous occasions were so minor, or indeed had been spuriously set off by going over speed bumps when going down the sharp hill that the alert came up but the brakes didn't really kick in, as yesterday the braking effect was quite pronounced.

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”