Biggest Arona Niggle

All Seat Arona related discussions
DomesticExtremist

Re: Biggest Arona Niggle

Post by DomesticExtremist » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:30 pm

russmw wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:23 pm
Only one issue I've found so far is after its rained when I open the door and rain flows off the pillars above the doors it hits the seats, bit of a design fault with the rain channels on the roof line.

Other than that all good!
LOL similar thing happened to me the other day.
Sunshine and showers, after it stopped raining I opened the window to get some cool air and water cascaded in. #designflaw :D
SE Technology TDI 95

Jiminuk

Post by Jiminuk » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:20 pm

DomesticExtremist wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:30 pm
russmw wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:23 pm
Only one issue I've found so far is after its rained when I open the door and rain flows off the pillars above the doors it hits the seats, bit of a design fault with the rain channels on the roof line.

Other than that all good!
LOL similar thing happened to me the other day.
Sunshine and showers, after it stopped raining I opened the window to get some cool air and water cascaded in. #designflaw :D
Well... having rained for the last two days since picking up the Arona, I'll agree that this is a bit of a pain in the derriere! The boot also suffers from this same niggle. Other than that (at this early juncture) I'm happy with the car.
Arona FR 1.5 TSI EVO 150 PS 6-speed manual - Desire red :)

stottycabanas

Post by stottycabanas » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:43 pm

number6 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:46 pm
Yep. I get this too. It sometimes coincides with trip counter resetting to zero.
Clock an hour behind again today. Trip counter didn't reset, so I'm still looking for the cause!
Arona Xcellence Lux 1.0L 115PS DSG Desire Red/Midnight Black

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:39 pm

stottycabanas wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:43 pm
number6 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:46 pm
Yep. I get this too. It sometimes coincides with trip counter resetting to zero.
Clock an hour behind again today. Trip counter didn't reset, so I'm still looking for the cause!
Which band is your radio on, FM or DAB, if it is getting clock time from one of these then you must have a rogue radio station that is transmitting a GMT time code and not BST. Might not even be what you are listening to, as there is a secondary source for traffic info etc.

Easiest to just change clock to manual in infotainment until clocks go back

My wife managed to alter both clock and reset trip once, not being as familiar with car had accidentally changed radio band to Medium wave, so I suspect this problem is linked to radio, but never happened since, but I never normally change radio band.
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior. Also have a Skoda Roomster.

Pjldecor

Post by Pjldecor » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:05 pm

They can change the dash, steering wheel and pedals to the right of the car for us in the UK, but it's just to much trouble for them to move the Start button to our side of the gear stick. Also the alarm indicator is on the wrong door for the UK market.

stottycabanas

Post by stottycabanas » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:50 pm

Snowdaddy wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:39 pm
Which band is your radio on, FM or DAB, if it is getting clock time from one of these then you must have a rogue radio station that is transmitting a GMT time code and not BST. Might not even be what you are listening to, as there is a secondary source for traffic info etc.
Thanks Snowdaddy. The radio is on DAB, normally BBC stations. I have been listening to a couple of commercial stations recently, so I'll see if that could be a factor.
Arona Xcellence Lux 1.0L 115PS DSG Desire Red/Midnight Black

Malcolmkp

Post by Malcolmkp » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:00 am

My seat navigation often suggests I turn left go around the bollard then return back to the road I was on. I hope when they fix it we all get it FOCI was quoted £200 for an upgrade which may be just the same. Im thinking of buying a TomTom at half the price.

474073F9-EF1D-4296-95F5-1282F890740B.jpeg

I wonder why it didn’t suggest I turn right then left from car park. Quicker. Shorter. And most economical.

660E5D48-1E4C-4889-8BD8-8C407DE9715E.jpeg

Last edited by Malcolmkp on Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wowzz

Post by Wowzz » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:27 pm

Yup, not exactly the same, but my sat nav has told me to exit the motorway, and then immediately rejoin it.
Doesn't exactly fill you with confidence.

number6

Post by number6 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:36 pm

It is a fault that Seat are aware of. Dealers put their hands over their eyes and say 'never heard of that'.
I made a bit of a fuss and the dealer installed the previous version on SD card. It now doesn't take me off and bring me back on again, although, the roads are 3 - 4 years out of date. They have also confirmed that they will update FOC as soon as the latest version is released.

Wrx_dan

Post by Wrx_dan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:24 pm

Poor handling on my 1.5 FR sport, steering lacks feeling and no hook to hang my suit jacket!

Plenty of excellent features though, the digital cockpit and LED headlights being my 2 favourites. Plus 48mpg average overall for the first 500 miles.

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”