New FR Sport 1.5 TSI on order

All Seat Arona related discussions
Turbojim

Re: New FR Sport 1.5 TSI on order

Post by Turbojim » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi,

I really wanted the 1.5 despite the reports but was not available in Cyprus and I wanted a DSG, so it was fully out of the picture. I did not understand why the bigger engine was Manual only and feel an auto always saps a bit of power, more weight etc...
My son has ordered a 1.5 Auto!! Skoda Superb estate,,, size of a bus, but loved the test drive and everything about the car!! Can only guess your 1.5 Arona will go like a rocket ship on the smaller platform and just enjoy. VW Group will no doubt sort the issue if not already and I will trundle around with my potent 1.0 tiptronic set up!!

mrtpe465

Post by mrtpe465 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:14 am

Hi Ping,
I've had mine since 2nd March and have only had the kangarooing happen twice, otherwise its a fantastic car.

Ping

Post by Ping » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:00 pm

Mrtpe465
Good to hear, to be fair I could live with that! I have a ford mondeo 2ltr turbo auto as a work car and I’ve had a couple of occasions of a flat spot on acceleration with that, so not unduly concerned. just heard today my car will be available for collection on the 11th June so picking it up 10am on that day. Will keep the forum updated with my experiences positive or negative!

Ping

Post by Ping » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:16 am

First few days update, no engine issues in any driving mode. Appreciate it’s early days and I’ve still got that new car buzz, however I’ve tried to be as objective as possible. As it stands It’s a great car.
I’m glad I chose the 1.5 as it just gives the car that extra edge and smoothness. Fuel economy is better than expected for a new car, averaging between 40 and 50 mpg depending who driving it!
Digital cockpit is also very good.
Hope this has alleviated some of the fears people may have ordering this engine, it certainly has mine.
Will keep the forum posted when I’ve had it a bit longer.

FCB3553D-E93F-4B0C-9197-8E6847BC66A5.jpeg

9AABC551-6BEF-415B-88AF-985CDF199230.jpeg

Triplemike

Post by Triplemike » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:24 pm

That is really good to hear. I hope other expectant owners, like myself take heart from this news.
The digital cockpit was one of those little things that persuaded me to chose this model so, it is also good to hear that it lives up to expectations.
I hope you keep on enjoying the drive and I for one will look forward to your future posts.

Wrx_dan

Post by Wrx_dan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:44 pm

My new 1.5 FR Sport doesn’t kangaroo, so it appears they resolved any issues on new builds.

I managed to find and take delivery of a new Red/Black car, within 5 days of starting my search, so no long wait for a factory build.

It seems some dealers are placing orders speculatively, then putting them up for sale just before they take delivery, so anyone looking to buy may be able to find one quickly with a thorough search of Autotrader and direct with the dealers.

Mikedu

Post by Mikedu » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:23 am

Well, I wish my dealer had placed a few speculative orders. I ordered on 25 March, eventually got a build date of W/c 3 June, was told that it had been built and was in Spain awaiting shipping on 12 June and since then a thunderous silence from the dealer.

theforestdweller

Post by theforestdweller » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:43 pm

Mikedu wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:23 am
Well, I wish my dealer had placed a few speculative orders. I ordered on 25 March, eventually got a build date of W/c 3 June, was told that it had been built and was in Spain awaiting shipping on 12 June and since then a thunderous silence from the dealer.
Call SEAT Customer Services. They will tell be able to tell you immediately where the vehicle is. I called then several times during my wait for the new vehicle and each time they gave me an immediate and accurate update. You just need the SEAT build number from your dealership, NOT a dealers reference number. Don't be fobbed off. They will have this number as soon as your order was formalised with SEAT. :)
Arona FR Sport 1.0 115ps - Arrived 05.03.2019

When the experts are agreed, the opposite opinion cannot be held to be certain (Bertrand Russell)

Mikedu

Post by Mikedu » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:36 pm

Thanks for the info, I’ll try that tomorrow.

Ping

Post by Ping » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:39 pm

Just a quick update..
Still no problems after 1500 miles for me or my wife when driven.
Really love the car, fuel economy is better than expected 44 mpg over all types of driving but mainly in and around town.
I have seen though that it is not now available on the Seat configurator?

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”