Time from UK Port to delivery date

All Seat Arona related discussions
LynnSM

Time from UK Port to delivery date

Post by LynnSM » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:00 pm

I ordered my Arona 1.0 TSI Excellence Lux DSG on 6th March & have finally been given a delivery date of next Wednesday 12th June. That will
Be 14 weeks from order to delivery which seems longer than most have quoted on here. The car has been with the Dealer since Thursday 6th June.

Is this unreasonable or realistic?

Could Arona owners post their delivery times from the car arriving in UK Port to actual pick up date & what part of the country/town your dealers are in just to give me an idea of whether my date seems realistic or not? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Arona Desire Red/Midnight Black roof 1ltr TSI 115PS Xcellence lux DSG.

Bonzo

Re: Time from UK Port to delivery date

Post by Bonzo » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:48 am

6 days to do a PDI is rather a long time, let’s face it it’s only checking the car over.
FR 115 with DSG

Poor Lad Done Good

Post by Poor Lad Done Good » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:53 pm

Hi Lynn, I ordered exactly the same car as yourself on 13 May 2019, the salesman suggested that it will be a 12ish week delay, however, it could be longer. I Hope that it will be worth the wait (but I’m quietly confident that it will be0. I have just done a quick google search re VAG Group delays and came up with the VW new car FAQ page. Looking at this, it seems to hint at delays caused by shortages of amongst other things, the group DSG gearboxes, please use the link below

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/need-help/ ... iver-times

So it goes I suppose

Ping

Post by Ping » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:55 pm

My FR Sport 1.5 EVO was ordered on the 26th March, built on the 4th of May and delivered to the dealer 6th June. I’m collecting it Tuesday (11th). The PDI Checks take a day.
I know this as my specific car was still in the dealers yard with all the protective films and delivery stickers on it today. One of the sales staff was in the yard and he told me it was getting prepped for me on Monday for collection 10am Tuesday. One of the delivery stickers on the car said “port of delivery Sheerness.” And I’m in Norfolk.
I was told it would be 12 weeks from order to delivery and to the day, that was spot on.
I think the delivery time from UK port to your dealer is reliant on filling a transporter which is going to where you are living. If a lot of people have ordered seat cars in your area then you get it sooner would be my guess.
Anyway you’re getting it Wednesday so hope you enjoy it!

LynnSM

Post by LynnSM » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:52 am

Thank you for all the posts. I think transportation is one issue & very slow PDI the other! Anyway, it will soon be Wednesday & I will have my lovely cat😄😄

stottycabanas

Post by stottycabanas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:59 am

Meeow!
Arona Xcellence Lux 1.0L 115PS DSG Desire Red/Midnight Black

LynnSM

Post by LynnSM » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:11 pm

stottycabanas wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:59 am
Meeow!
🤣🤣🤣🤣I meant car!!! ....but I do have a lovely cat too😄😄

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”