MY20 cars in production? (New model)

All Seat Arona related discussions
Nickheynes

Re: MY20 cars in production? (New model)

Post by Nickheynes » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:24 pm

Update .
Got an email from my leasing company around 10 days ago giving me an update .Delivery to dealer now 4th oct Great! .
Sold my car .
Told this morning "oh sorry .We meant build week"
What ??!!
Absolutely no help what so ever .
Any ideas chaps?

G3li888

Post by G3li888 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:19 pm

Nickheynes wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:24 pm
Update .
Got an email from my leasing company around 10 days ago giving me an update .Delivery to dealer now 4th oct Great! .
Sold my car .
Told this morning "oh sorry .We meant build week"
What ??!!
Absolutely no help what so ever .
Any ideas chaps?
Aww no that’s shit! I hope for your sake your lease company is better than mine! I ordered mine 15th may and my build week was 26/8/19 then I got told would be deleivered to dealer 30/09 but then it got put back to 10/10 then finally got delivered to dealer on 2/10 but only now is it getting delivered to my house on 13/10 It’s been my first time leasing and it’s put me right off doing it again! Il be going to a dealer direct next time for sure although I can’t be beaten on this price I got I’d rather pay more and get better customer car and faster delivery! Hope it’s worth the wait il update when delivered.

Nickheynes

Post by Nickheynes » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:09 pm

Update .
Friday Car's stuck in grimsby compound . Will be with dealer on 10th (Sunday??!!)
Monday .lease co "car's still in compund" dealer called off a load but not yours .
Seat "car is in transit to dealer, will arrive today or tomorrow"

Not sure who's fault this is but there will be a load of emails flying around when I do eventually see my car !!

Nickheynes

Post by Nickheynes » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:16 am

Ok .So car has arrived this morning .
Unfortunately the leasing company had given the delivery driver the wrong telephone number so instead of him ring me an hr before delivery he just turned up . Any WOW just had a quick drive and I love it so far .
Still not happy with the level of service I've had but I'll leave the ranty emails for now and just enjoy the car .

timblewee

Post by timblewee » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:19 pm

Can I check with anyone who has the MY20 version. I have just taken delivery of an Arona excellence lux and I understood that it had multicoloured ambient lighting. However mine will only select white or red, my Ateca has numerous colour options. I also find the steering wheel to of very poor quality. It feels like the steering wheel for a car out of the 80s, very plasticy and thin. When I ordered the car it said it came with traffic jam assist, although I have yet to be able to find this option. I personally believe they have given me the wrong model of car, but it has the digital cockpit. Does anyone else have the xcellence lux MY20 that can let me know if these features have been removed? Thanks

Technician

Post by Technician » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:30 am

I have the same car and no the ambient lighting is red white or off I'm afraid. The steering is what it is, it's a bit lightweight I agree.
As for Traffic jam assist, well you have to have a DSC auto gearbox for a start but thinking about it was it not removed ? I'm sure someone will come back and confirm if it has.

martinto8

Post by martinto8 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:13 pm

Does anyone know if the MY20 FR Sport models have had a bumper facelift at all? Reason i ask is I noticed on some of the newer Arona FR sport the front and rear bumpers are different. Front having a silver surround on the large front grill and the rear bumper with the fake exhaust positioned differently and wider apart:

New rear bumper:
Old rear bumper:

New front bumper:
Old front bumper:

Technician

Post by Technician » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:32 am

Looks like they have changed the bumper design again on the FR Sport. I believe you can buy the new look front and rear bumpers should you really prefer them, although no doubt this time next year they'll change them yet again. It's just a way of achieving a different look at probably no extra cost to attract new customers.

Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:43 pm

Is that not the optional sports bumpers via the accessories brochure?

Technician

Post by Technician » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:42 pm

It's all a bit odd. Looking around online you can find cars new and used with both types of bumpers, I even found an Xcellence with that trim for sale. As you say you can of course buy the silver trim for both outside and inside or your car but it wasn't an option when I ordered mine, I might have been tempted had it have been.

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”