Knocking noise passenger foot well - FR

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Arona
Wanda

Knocking noise passenger foot well - FR

Post by Wanda » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:21 pm

I have had my FR for just over a year and over the past few months I have had a knocking noise coming from the passenger foot well. It started when reversing and using the front wiper blades. This noise was there almost constantly when reversing. I took it to the garage where they said it was the flap motor and they replaced this. As I pulled onto my drive from returning from the garage the noise was back. This time, the noise was more intermittent. The car went back to the garage but the technicians didn't hear the noise this time due to it being intermittent but they said the flap motor was in the wrong position and that's what was causing it. This time, nearly three weeks went by and no noise... until it started AGAIN!
The noise happened nearly every time I drove and could be when I'm reversing at slow speed, to doing 70mph on the motorway for about 4 days then became less frequent. Car has now gone back for the third time. Typically, when I went on the test drive with the tech it didn't make the noise. The tech has taken my car home, and I have had a reply from the garage saying that the motor wasn't in the right place (this has supposedly already been sorted once) and this has now been sorted. I am due to pick up the car on Friday, but was wondering if anyone has had similar issues? i'm not holding out much hope that this is sorted :(

number6

Re: Knocking noise passenger foot well - FR

Post by number6 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:23 am

Excuse my ignorance but what is a flap motor?

BenC

Post by BenC » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:58 am

The only flap motor i know of is part of the air con system, a motorised flap inside the duct redirects the air to specific vents.

Unless there is another flap motor in a car? I'm intrigued now.
2019 (19) Arona Xcellence Lux 1.0L 115PS Petrol DSG - Eclipse Orange with Grey Roof.

Brian566

Post by Brian566 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:54 pm

So am I as I have the dash vibration at passenger side but never thought of the heater motor vent
What intrigue's me about mine is when I press on the handbrake it stops
Arona FR TSI 115 Magnetic Grey /Black Roof

Wanda

Post by Wanda » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:20 am

Yes, it is the flap motor which is part of the air con.
Picked up the car and said it needed moving (after previously replacing it on the first time it was taken in and moving it on the second). They also said it needed 'basic setting' which wasn't done the previous time (blamed the technician for not doing it). Fingers crossed the noise doesn't come back but they said there was a faulty part on the old Ibiza which was the same so might be a more widespread issue

Return to “Faults & Technical”