Virtual digital cockpit coming next year.

All Seat Arona related discussions
GazzaB

Re: Virtual digital cockpit coming next year.

Post by GazzaB » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:45 pm

Wonder if it can be retro fitted?
I am not waiting until September as it would be another 4 months wait.
Arona Excellence Lux 1.0TSi 115PS DSG. Nevada White with Black Roof, OEM dark window tint, Fitted a Carbon Fibre look rear Bumper Guard. Pressed Metal Number plates with Carbon fibre plate holder.
Planning to Do: Sound Deadening.

Craig200588

Post by Craig200588 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:21 am

https://youtu.be/LolLSce-DtI

Found a quick video of the digital cockpit in the Arona being shown.

_Mozz_

Post by _Mozz_ » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:50 pm

GazzaB wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:45 pm
Wonder if it can be retro fitted?
I am not waiting until September as it would be another 4 months wait.

Same here!!

I saw that it could be done on the Ateca. Just will obvioulsly cost alot more than if it came from factory.

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Wed May 02, 2018 7:48 pm

If this digital cockpit is aledgedly coming in Sept or Oct that will be about same time as Xcelence Lux reverts to alcantara and leather. Wonder if it will be an option, or will become standard (as on T-roc SE-L)

Would be a bonus for those of us who have deferred our Xcelence Lux to Q4 if this gets added as indirect compensation (hint to Seat UK), although not holding out much hope based on unscheduled spec changes to date.
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:52 pm

I still wonder whether the 'non options' set up for UK will be binned off. As this will either have to be standard fit to some models or an option, which they may as well just open up the options list. Best thing rondo will be to check some of the European configurators as they usually get these first.
Seat Arona Fr Sport 1.5, Mystery Blue and Grey. Sport line pack matte silver, mud flaps, sill protectors, boot mat, blue wheel centres, blue calipers, console mats and leather armrest.(Sold)

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:13 am

SEAT announce the digital dashboard

https://www.seat-mediacenter.com/newspa ... Ibiza.html

Classic information provides the well-known analogues features such as a speedometer and tachometer, but between these two digital dials extra data can be displayed, including navigation information, music, phone, driving data and assistance information (lane assist, blind spot detection and front assist, ACC) and your vehicle’s status. While additional information can also be displayed in the very centre of the dials.

Digital maximises the 10.25” Digital Cockpit’s pixel dense display, showing detailed mapping information for the vicinity you’re in, making it easier to find parking facilities, garages and follow directions. The map can be zoomed in or out to make it easier for the driver to orientate themselves. This view also provides all menu information, such as phone, driving data, assistance information and vehicle’s status.

The Dynamic display provides an improved clarity to important information such as turn-by-turn directions, advanced driver assistance system information from lane assist, blind spot detection and front assist, and your vehicle’s status.

Driving data can also be displayed in all views, including: fuel consumption, distance driven and total mileage. The system also allows you to show the music currently being played, while the driver can scroll through the music library with minimal need to take eyes off the road.
Arona Xcelence Lux 115 tsi DSG monsoon grey with orange roof, leather and alcantara interior

Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:51 pm

From MY19 digital cockpit will be standard on FR Sport and Xcellence Lux. The rest of us get the 'retro dials' which will probably an option in a few years extra cost when digital dash is standard...

Williecarona

Post by Williecarona » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 am

The curse of the early adopters I’m afraid , but as mine is a PCP deal and getting definitely “handed back / traded in “ I’m not too bothered , just think my NEXT car will have digital cockpit display and decent rear seat belts

JeffD

Post by JeffD » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:55 pm

I ordered an Excellence Lux 115hp DSG on 23 April this year and was disappointed at the spec change announcement in May but went with it in return for the Beats Audio and Winter Pack. Now I here that the virtual cockpit is coming which, as a real gadget freak, I am keen to get. My car is not yet being built but I am told it should arrive in October. The dealer has said that it will be a 2018 model with the analogue dials.
Some people on the forum have said that the virtual cockpit will be fitted to Lux models being built after the August factory shutdown but this all seems very confusing.
I am now seriously considering putting back my order to make sure it is on the new spec and if it also gets me Alcantara seats and leather dash that would be the clincher. The dealer says I have to cancel and re-order and hinting that I will loose my deposit. He is getting back to me later this week after he has spoken with his manager who is away at the moment.
Does anyone have any definitive information on when the virtual cockpit build will be introduced and any experience on delaying an order. I would be willing to pay the extra for the 2019 model if that is what it takes.

JeffD

Post by JeffD » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:23 pm

Following on from my last post, I decided to cancel my order and re-order when the 2019 model of the Excellence Lux is released. The dealer has agreed to hold on to my deposit and let me know when I can confirm the new order. He knows that this must include the digital cockpit. I also hope that it will revert to Alcantara seats and leather dash which would be a real bonus. Whether this would lose the Beats audio and winter pack is debateable but I would prefer the original spec in any case. If anyone has any info on when to expect the new spec, please let me know. The dealer hasn't any info at the moment but it ought to be soon given the lead times for the DSG,

Return to “Main Seat Arona chat”